LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

babu samueal (dr)     25 August 2014

Expartee decree vs will

my father has self acquired property,we are 5 children.elder brother filed case stating as ansestral prpperty and got an expartee  decree for 1/5 in all land 1996.my father meanwhile made a WILL before his death but after decree.we have worked on our property and developed it.my brother now claims 1/5th in all our land.he even has a seperate share given by our father.he now sell 1/5th of all land based on the decree.

problem
1 we all brother were made expartee. can we apeal against him now after 18yrs
2 will the self acquired property will stand against expartee decree aginst us?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2014

What were you doing for all these 18 years?  There are very remote chances to setting aside the exparte decree after a gap of so long years.  Whether there was a final decree on the suit after the preliminary decree passed exparte?,  If not, without a final decree award of identifying his share in the property, your brother cannot take away his 1/5th share on his own, you can file a permanent injunction suit restraining him from taking away his undivided share  without final decree.  If he applies for final decree, you can implead yourselves as party and can file a petition to set aside the pre-decree exparte order and contest the case on merits based on your father's will.  Consult your lawyer and proceed as per his advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register