LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md Zaheeruddin Khan   22 August 2019

Exparte divorce


I  have been recieving summons from my wife whom I am staying separately for past 4 years ( When married I was staying at Bangalore after marriage I am staying with parents at Bengal) . I have been recieving summons to appear at Bangalore, but unable to do so since I am now living with my since my mother is sick.

Till date I have recieved 5 summons, my question is how many summons are issued until Ex-Parte divorce is granted.





 6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 August 2019

Are you refusing to receive the sumons,then the court would send the substituted summons.Until the court is not satisfied that the summons are served they will keep issuing you the same. Once court is satisfaied that the summons are served the ex parte proceedings will begin if you failed to appear in the court.


Md Zaheeruddin Khan   22 August 2019

I am recieving summons , but unable to attend the court proceedings. How many summons before the divorce is granted. Already 5 recieved since past 8 months.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 August 2019

if you already accepted the summons then there is no fun to send again and again...

Shashi Dhara   23 August 2019

Engage Bangalore advocate u file only vakalth with no objection. Divorce will be granted u don't attend court. Ur lawyer will represent u.

TGK REDDI   24 August 2019

The judge is very considerate.   He can now pass Order ex parte.

Advocate G. Pavan Kumar, LL.B (Advocate , Hyderabad)     24 August 2019

Hi Zaheer

Q question is how many summons are issued until Ex-Parte divorce is granted.?

Answer: There is no maximum Limit. After 3 summons, court may take decision

As per Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, it is the Women ( Your wife here ) is giving Divorce, and You are not accepting it.

1) Court can pass order, ex-parte in favour of her

2) if you donot want that, then you have to appeal as soon as possible

3) you have to pay Mehr as per contract.

4) you cannot postpone any longer on this.

If you give more facts then I may help



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register