LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nishika   20 June 2015

Ex parte divorce advice needed

Hello, I got married to Nri n was treated badly n physically abused by him n his family . Hence, my dad came to fetch me n brought me back to India. My husband made me signed divorce papers when my dad came over there (was fake papers as per my lawyer). I had filed domestic violence case but my husband answered we r already divorced. Its more than 2 yrs now we r seperated n there is no communication btw us. Now I want to file a divorce case. Do I need to file on the basis of cruelty n get xparty divorce or there is other way out . My lawyer advised for ex parte through Indian embassy and somebody suggested via email. Please suggest a option or if my lawyer is right, and will there be full assurity of getting divorce.


 3 Replies

SRK   20 June 2015

Hello sir, I got arrange marriage in may 2014(Hindu Marriage), i had done but i had married to a uneducated girl, without any dowry as i always against of dowry, so in mar 2015 we had a small quarrel which leads into a big one after the invovlment of my wife's family, they beaten me and my mother and sister, and after that shocking act my wife complained to local mahila mandal in which she lied about the whole incident and my family behaviour towards her, as my father is an Govt Employee, they( my wife's  Family) asking my wife to put a case on my parents, not on me, they wanted my father to loose his Govt job, which is the only source of income to my family, which includes my mother and unmarried sister

i am the only son to my parents, now she demanding me get seperate from my parents in a seperate rented house from this month

What should i do to get divorse, without risking my family


K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     21 June 2015

you have right to file a divorce case in indian courts. if your husband not appears in the court you can get exparte divorce.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     08 August 2015

You first start separate living with your wife to over come present bad situation slowly both of you can sit together and sort out the problems,otherwise your whole family will be in soup and lose mental peace. Anything could be resolved through discussions and dialougues.Don't be haste .sit cooly and calmly,think twice before taking decissions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query