LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan (Advocate)     13 December 2008


An employee has been died and his  son being a legal heir approach to the REgional Office EPFO for claim, The son continuously in touch with the EPFO office from Dec-2006 but he could not receive the claim amount.

Now being an Advocate whether I can served them a legal notice OR whether I can send them the filled form (i.e. FORM 20) alongwith other necessary document again.

Pls urgent


 2 Replies

Krishnan Venkatachalam (Legal professional)     15 December 2008

Dear Mr.Chetan,

If the deceased employee has nominated his wife, EPF office is bound to settle the claims to the widow after receiving the appropriate claim form. If no nomination has been done earlier, the survivors of the deceased has to get the death and legal heir certificate of the deceased from the local revenue authorities and annexe the death and legal heir certificate to the claim form and submit to the EPF authorities.

In case of undue delay in settlement grievance redressal authorities can be approached for early settlement.

vikram singh (advocate)     30 December 2008

i agree with Mr.krishnan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register