Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shyam Sunder Agrawal (Service)     12 May 2012

Employer not providing gratuity dispersement details

Hi,

I am a retired bank employee.

I recieved a differential gratuity payment from my employer in February 2012. I have sent several requests to my employer to provide details of gratuity amount calculations. But they are not responding.

What are my options to get these details either from the employer or the govt authorities.

Regards,

S. S. Agrawal

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 May 2012

you can submit your own calculations and ask for reason of variance in writing from good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Chairman, Head-HR with a copy to Controlling Authority which may be ALC/DLC in your case.

Later You may lodge your concerns with Controlling Authority.

Shyam Sunder Agrawal (Service)     16 July 2012

Dear Sir,

My Basic Pay  Rs.19920 +D A   Rs. 7924   total Rs. 27844/-  My   total  service  was more  than 32 years. My empolayer  has paid Rs. 378020/- as gratuity. .

Is it correct , if  the same is not correct please let me know the correct amount ..please guide me in the matter.

Thanking you,

S S Agrawal

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2012

Check Basic+ DA from last drawn salary. Round of the period of service to a year. e.g. if you have worked for 10 years 8 months round of to 11years.

[Basic+DA/26]x15xNo. of years in service

The gratuity received under the Act is tax-free to the extent that it does not exceed 15 days’ salary for every completed year of service. From 24th day of May,2010 as per gazette notification this limit is Rs.10/ lacs.

Obtain and check gratuity rules of your bank from your branch, some colleague, union, or RO, HO etc. Some banks may have their Gratuity Fund managed by their own trusts. Bank of Baroda Gratuity Rules is enclosed:

12.Eligibility  and Payment  of Gratuity:  1)

A)    In the case of executive/ officers:

Irrespective of the length of service, gratuity shall be payable at the rate of one month

Salary for each completed year of service subject to the maximum of 15 months salary.

34.Miscellaneous:Without prejudice to the powers in that behalf conferred by Rules 5

(a)  all of the decisions of the Trustees involving an interpretation of the provisions of

the  Income-Tax  Act.  1961 and the Rules made there  under shall be communicated to the Commissioner of Income Tax concerned.

In  the event of there  being any repugnance  between any  of these Rules and the

provisions  of  the   Income-Tax   Act.  1961  and  the   Income-Tax   Rules,  1962   the

repugnant Rule will be  void  and  the Trustees shall  if  so required by the  Commissioner of Income Tax delete the repugnant Rule.

You may try by writing under acknowledgment to Chairman of the bank, with a copy to GM-HR.

In case of variance you can approach o/o Controlling Authority of Gratuity which can be ALC at your location. You can visit O/o Labor Commissioner at your location and seek help from ALC.

You may go thru:

Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972

Section: 7
Determination of the amount of gratuity.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Attached File : 428243309 gratuity rules bank of baroda.pdf, 428243309 paymentofgratuityact(1).doc downloaded: 97 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register