LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Imran Mohammad   08 May 2017

Employer denied for issuing relieving letter

Sir I worked in an organisation for 1 year and resigned the company by serving 2 months of notice period last working daly in the company is 13 April 2017.

From 25 days Iam reqesting my hr to provide my relieving letter but he is simply saying i will not provide and not giving me the slary of 2 months and i'm simply wasting time waitng for relieving letter i.e,25 days 

what action can i take on him and can i lodge a complaint on him for holing my salary and relieving letter and can i claim to the damage of these 25 days on the HR/Employer

Learning

19 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 May 2017

While posting such queries employee should post basic information! 

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial? 

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it? 

What is your designation and nature of duties? 

How many persons report to you?  

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? 

Since how many months you are working? 

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you? 

Has the employer issued appointment letter, salary slips of all months?

Do you have copy of notice of resignation and its proof of delivery and acknowledgment and acceptance by employer? 

Download evidence of attendance, NO tasks pending at your end, performance record, appraisals, appreciations, incentives, appreciatins etc, ASAP.

There seems to be some error in dated.

13 April,2017 is already gone.

Last month salary (April, 2017) should be paid by 7th may, if salary cycle is 1st to last day of the month.

Your conduct is good as you have tenderd notice period so that employer can put its house in order and complete exit formalities.

Right now you may ask ( in writing and under proper acknowledgment) to supply salary slip of Last month April 2017 and salary and to make necessary arrangements to supply acknowledged copy of notice of resignation dated…………………….tendered by you with notice period of ………days and LWD of dated…………..its acceptance, salary slips of all  months, correct FnF statement (showing earned wagesleave encashment/bonus etc ), payment of FnF dues as per correct FnF statement,  Form16 of all years and current year as per correct FnF statement, PF a/c slips ( as per applicable to establishment and you) , ESIC card ( as per applicable to establishment and you), I.Card, {NOC/NDC/ acknowledgment of handover of charge-assets (if any with you)}, service certificate, relieving letter,…………………..etc etc by the close of office hours of LWD dated……………

Are you a member of any employee’s/trade unions.

Take thier help and also elders of the family to draft your representations as suitable to you. 

yes 13 Apr 17 is the last working day in the company and from 25 days i have been still waiting for the relieving letter

Reply pointwise, to all points.

The relieving letter signifies that employee has separated and nothing is due against employee and is issued on or after LWD.

Handover charge/assets under proper acknowledgment.

Sir work in the aviation Feild as Ramp manager total handling of the aircraft on ground 

sir i dint have stinker, memo, show cause notice of misconduct and i'm having my appointment letter and my salary slips and copy of resignation letter 

Regret unable to get any idea.

Pls post pointwise. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 May 2017

If an employee has a wages complaint, whether it’s for regular pay, overtime wages, or vacation pay, they have the right to contact their state labour commissioner.  This often results in an investigation by the labour commissioner, and may lead to a lawsuit against the employer or a loss of a business license.

Consequences include not only payment of back pay owed, but may include fines and penalties as well.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 May 2017

If an employee has a wages complaint, whether it’s for regular pay, overtime wages, or vacation pay, they have the right to contact their state labour commissioner. This often results in an investigation by the labour commissioner, and may lead to a lawsuit against the employer or a loss of a business license.

Consequences include not only payment of back pay owed, but may include fines and penalties as well.

establishment is Commercial

nature of business is customer service 

designation is ramp manager

no power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise

In Hyderabad, Telangana 

Working from 1 year 

no stinker, memo, show cause notice on misconduct

yes the employer issued appointment letter, salary slips of all months(except the months of notice period) 

yes i'm having copy of notice of resignation and its proof of delivery

Right now you may ask (in writing and under proper acknowledgment) to supply salary slip of Last month April 2017 and salary………..and narrate all representations made so far in office (mention dates/names etc )……………….. (And others docs and details as already posted.)

If you feel it appropriate you may escalate to good offices of appontign authority,MD and mention that you are facing financial hardships due to Non payment of salalry.

Remain gentle amd amiable.

Are you a member of any employee’s/trade unions. Take thier help and also elders of the family to draft your representations as suitable to you.   

The appointment letter, salary slips of all months, copy of notice of resignation /final resignation,FnF statement, Form16, PF a/c slips, ESIC card, NOC/NDC, acknowledgment of handover of charge/assets can suffice as good as service certificate/releiving letter.................... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register