LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan (Marketing)     04 June 2022

Email print with original as exhibits

Sir, Please any information/advice in this regard.

Case Incident as follows: I have a Sale Agreement Original Document signed by both parties. While Interacting with Opposite Party, I have sent E-Mail with attaching scanned copy of the Sale Agreement Executed. Now their is a dispute and civil case on-going.

I have produced documents in the court, including E-Mail Print and Original Document (instead of Scanned Copy that I have sent thru email) just to make sure that Originals are placed in the court. I also submitted 65B certificate. At the stage of marking documents, opposite party is not allowing the documents to be marked stating that e-mail is a electronic evidence and submitting original of  Sale Agreement as an Email Attachment can not be accepted stating  electronic evidence has been tampered with writing and signature on it "Admissibility of this document in evidence is denied"

With this situation, could u please help me with How to get these both documents marked in the evidence E-Mail Print and Original Sale Agreement as an attachment to Email Print.

I have option of Marking Original Sale Agreement as exhibit without Email-Print, but reason I want to mark both Email Print and Original Agreement is to show that, I have provided/submitted Sale Agreement Scanned Copy to opposite side by way of Email attachment. So that I could prove Delivery of the Document by way of Email.  Thanking very much. srini.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 June 2022

Both the documents i.e., Original sale deed as well as e-mail shall be exhibited and not "marked" as stated by you, since sale deed is original document whereas e-mail is supported by a certificate u/s 65B IEA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register