Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pun (eng)     17 June 2014

E-filing of contempt petition in supreme court

Dear Members,

I am planning to file a contempt petition before Supreme Court as party in person. I tried to file it through e-filing but I did not find any option to select in Case Type Category to file Contempt Petition.

Can any one help in this regard?

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 June 2014

First time users of Supreme Court E-filing have to register him/her through the "Sign Up" option.

Through "e-FILING" only Advocate-on Record and petitioners-in-person can file cases in the Supreme Court of India.

Advocate option is to be chosen if you are an "Advocate-on-Record", otherwise choose "In-person" option in case you are petitioner-in-person.

For registering first time personal details such as Address, contact details, E-mail Id etc., which are mandatory, need to be entered.

For Advocate-on-record, his/her code (Advocate-on-record code) will be "Login-ID", while "In-person" will create his/her Login-Id through "Sign Up" option.  Password needs to be entered thereafter. Login Id and password will be created once the mandatory requirements are filled properly.

After successful login the "Disclaimer screen" appears on the screen.

Clicking of "I agree" button on Disclaimer allows the user to proceed further, while "I decline" button sends the control back to the Login screen.

After successful login, the user can file the case electronically.

"New Case" option allows the user to file a new case.

"Modify" option allows a user to carryout changes to the already e-filed case, provided the court fee payment option is not invoked.

Court fee can be paid only through credit card.

Defects associated with the e-filed case will be e-mailed to the advocate/petitioner by the Supreme Court Registry.

pun (eng)     17 June 2014

Thanks Ramacherry for giving time to my query... The instructions you copied are basic information for how to create a login id and to file it.

My question is that I can see only following options in Case Type Category

1. Special Leave Petition (Civil)

2. Special Leave Petition(Criminal)

3. Civil Appeal

4. Criminal Appeal

5. Writ Petition(Civil)

6. Writ Petition(Criminal)

7. Transfer Petition(Civil)

8. Transfer Petition(Criminal)

9. Review Petition (Civil)

10. Review Petition (Criminal)

11.Transfer Case(Civil)

12. Transfer Case(Criminal)

13. Special Leave To Petition(Civil)

14. Special Leave To Petition(Criminal)

Now my question is which option to select for case type where I have to file the contempt petition.

Thanks

pun (eng)     30 June 2014

Dear Members, please suggest if you have any idea about efiling of contempt writ petition.
 I am facing above mentioned issue.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register