Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DV against women

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Yes, DV is applicable on all relatives of the husband. Here it does not differentiate between genders.

But there is a twist in the story here : "There can b no orders passed against any females under DV ACt." So, the females of husband's family are made parties just to humiliate and harass them and to pressurize the males of their families.

If any of your family members had a separate household when your wife lived with you, then those will not be covered in DV. So, domestic relationship is all that matters, not gender or violence!

sachin (sse)     07 June 2011

hi

1. is it true that "There can b no orders passed against any females under DV ACt." 

can any one give any examples of cases .

2. also my wife has included my sister in complaint although she was studying in different city.

my sister was not in any domestic relationship with my wife as not living together ,so can DV apply

(Guest)

saurabh

talkinng about 498A or DV has no ending and arguement.

I want to tell you 

Regarding you second comment, parents have a sacred relation with their child and they are the ones who brought up the boy since when he did not knew how to speak or how to take care of himself. Also they gave him this life and made it worth living and enjoying and finally marrying a girl. So comparing "parents" with "wife" is foolishness and certainly only a wicked mind could try to compare them.

Saurabh, not only boys , girls are also brought up by parents.But the difference is that girls  are prepared to get ready to serve, and obey some new people after marriage.Girls are taught to respect parents in law as their own parent.But parents in law never accept her as own daughter.Rather they think the bride has taken their son away from them.A daughter in law has to serve in-laws more than their daughter.But do they allow their son to take care of his in  laws like a son??

No,no no 

in such cases he become a HENPACKED HUSBAND!Why so???

Wife enters the life of a man when he is standing on his feet and capable of taking decisions of his own. When parents demand support, they really need it as they are old. How many cases can you count for me where wife is above 60 and claiming maintenance?? How can you compare maintenance of age-old parents who are dependent on mere sum of pension than the young lady who has full fledge income??? Abhorrent!!

Alas!! You can bring your own name to justice being in the dark of feminism. Promote equality, promote peace!!

A male or female both need each other.that is why the institution of marriage is there.A parent's/sister/son/brother /daughter relation far differernt than that of husband/wife relation.

A husband or wife(vice versa) relation is not connected with  blood yet they share everything what he/she cant share with her/his parent's/sister/son/brother /daughter.

Neither wife has right to claim husbands money without any cause nor the husband has

any right to beat wife for money or leave her for a new girlfriend.

If Sec 497 is amended then 50% of lodging of 498A will get reduced.Because when husband beat wife whatevr the cause may be (extra marrital or dowry) if wife files an FIR then it automatically goes to 498A category. 

In running the case in the court, if husband cries once before wife that he would not beat her anymore/love her/maintain her/would not keep any relation with his k**p then she forgets everything that happenned in the past and leaves fighting the case.Thus husband wins the case..thus it becomes to a false 498A!!(I am not a lawyer, but one of my good friend is a family court lawyer.sometime I visit her chamber.Many poor women come to her with complaints of their husband.I wrote the para from experiences in her chamber.)

1 Like

(Guest)

@ Non feminist ,

Madam , you are still giving a feminist point of view on the subject . There are many many cases where woman is not even staying with her in laws but yet accusses her in -laws of cruality . what about those cases ?? False accusitions on anyone and damaging a person's social image .. is that not crueality ??? You have mentioned relationship with k**p ........ why does a keep being a woman enters such relationships and what if a woman has an extramarital affair and just too hide her own sins she is accusing her husbands ??

If she has responsability towards her parents she is OPEN to support them with her OWN income ...... why she tax her in-laws to financially suppport her family ...... has she ever given any financial support to her in-laws ever ???? What if husband is in finacial trouble ..... does he have any tool like 498a or DV act to implicate his wife like womans do ???? The fact is that .....A MAN IS HELPLESS ....... without any legal option but to either commit suicide or to accept the injustice ....

I would suggest you to read a book Venus - the dark side  .......... and forget about your own s*x for a moment ...... In today's world women are not at all deprived of anything and have got equal opportunity in all fields ....... Why can't a women prove her capability and intelligence by competeing and why is she looking other means to be rich quickly ??

REMEMBER : A WOMAN OF QUALITY UNDERSTANDS GENDER EQUALITY !!!

Law should make sure only guilty is punished and not innocent people ...  An example will be Kaniamozi who apart from being a woman has done a scam like this ........ Madam it is not about s*x but everyone should be treated equally irerespective of caste , creed or SEX ....

Today you may be supporting gender-bias but may be tomorrow when you will grow old and will be implicated by your so-called daughter -in-law without even doing anything wrong ........ you will realise !!  A person who is facing the fire can only feel the heat and not those who are standing outside seeing the other person burning ........   

Even judiciary ( Supreme court ) has termed it as LEGAL TERRORISM as 98% of such cases are found to be false after the trials ... can you justify this figure ??? 

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     08 June 2011

@nonfeminist

Your view doesnt compliment you profile name :P

Now coming to your view points one by one.

Saurabh, not only boys , girls are also brought up by parents.But the difference is that girls are prepared to get ready to serve, and obey some new people after marriage.Girls are taught to respect parents in law as their own parent.But parents in law never accept her as own daughter.Rather they think the bride has taken their son away from them.A daughter in law has to serve in-laws more than their daughter.But do they allow their son to take care of his in laws like a son??

No,no no in such cases he become a HENPACKED HUSBAND!Why so???

This form-topic is leading the discussion to the point, that when parents of the boy can demand maintenance then why can't wife claim the same? But candidly without answering to this question you totally diverted the discusion to the poor condition of a girl in general. Let's try to stick to the concerned topic.

Now, regarding your view-point, any human in this world is brought up as per traditions and culture prevalent in his/her locality. In India, a girl is pressumed to live with her in-laws after her marriage. Now should we not teach her to respect the in-laws with whom she would live? Had she continued to live with her parents being unmarried, wouldn't she respect them? The story would have been different, if the boy would go and live with his wife in her house with his in-laws (ghar-jamai). Certainly he respects them even when he is at his home and not a ghar-jamai. But this respect and concern would increase if he is a "ghar-jamai". Why? Answer is simple. Take an example of office. In office, it doesn't matter if you like your boss or not. But you have to compulsarily respect and obey your boss. If you disrespect your boss, certainly when you need support he will not support you. Similarly, in a home, when you don't respect the members of your family, why would they support you? That is why special words are passed to the ears of the girl to respect the parents-in-law. It is for her own good. I hope you agree with me!!

Also, I hope you understood why a boy need not specially do something for his in-laws, as he do not live with them. But this position does not stops him to respect them. Respecting elders is the tradition which is taught to every child irrespective of gender.

Your assumption is fallacious that in-laws never accepts their daughter-in-law and are always against her. Though there are many cases in which there are certain brutality on the daughter-in-law and I strongly condemn them. But generalizing, that a daughter-in-law is always victimized, is wrong.

I can understand your position as you have seen cases in the court and you feel emotionally pity of the poor women. However, that is one case or may be you would have seen only the genuine cases of women. Had you come across the false cases filed by a woman against her husband and in-laws, you would have certainly not made these comments. I always stand with the one who deserves to be heard and who deserves justice. I agree that not all cases of 498A are false. But my fight is against this Govt. who has failed to provide proper utility of the family laws. I have always observed that those women who desperately need help, are mostly left unheard and left devastated. But those tricky and mean women who are gold-diggers (as I call them as), very easily misuse these laws. That's the tragedy of these laws. And this has left people like you fighting with others, because you only see one side of the story.

Matrimony is very complicated yet simplest institution. If we (both men & women) understand our responsibilities and unconditionally agree to fulfil them, I strongly feel, that there could never be any case under 498A, DV Act etc.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

(Guest)
good point, Roshni B "Let's change the scenario.A boy also gets punished by his parents in childhood..but he doesnt retaliate owing to his sanskars.so if his wife and inlaws beat him in future,why does he feel -ve about it?Why does he demand rights to protection against these abuses by participating in so called dharnas?his inlaws are also like his own parents.no?"
2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     08 June 2011

I always stand with the one who deserves to be heard and who deserves justice. I agree that not all cases of 498A are false. But my fight is against this Govt. who has failed to provide proper utility of the family laws. I have always observed that those women who desperately need help, are mostly left unheard and left devastated. But those tricky and mean women who are gold-diggers (as I call them as), very easily misuse these laws. That's the tragedy of these laws. And this has left people like you fighting with others, because you only see one side of the story.

Matrimony is very complicated yet simplest institution. If we (both men & women) understand our responsibilities and unconditionally agree to fulfil them, I strongly feel, that there could never be any case under 498A, DV Act etc.

@ Saurabh

I concure with your above shaded views.

1 Like

gaury..fight to win (Education)     09 June 2011

@ saurbh I too agree with some part of your post(Roshni's yellow shaded).

But you are saying something like a bossy attitude.You told you like Boss or not does not matter.Then you accept In laws are like a BOSS in a family who brings home marrying a girl from another family? 

The boys don't think that they have nothing to do with in laws except respecting them.Then why these in equalities are not disscussed.?

Above Sam wrote

REMEMBER : A WOMAN OF QUALITY UNDERSTANDS GENDER EQUALITY !!!

Sam, all social aspects must be equal irrespective of boys or girls. 

Above line should be REMEMBER : A WOMAN/MAN OF QUALITY UNDERSTANDS GENDER EQUALITY !!!

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     09 June 2011

@Gaury

Your post is very very unclear. Unable to understand and unable to answer.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Saurabh..V
"

@nonfeminist

Your view doesnt compliment you profile name

Now coming to your view points one by one.

Saurabh, not only boys , girls are also brought up by parents.But the difference is that girls are prepared to get ready to serve, and obey some new people after marriage.Girls are taught to respect parents in law as their own parent.But parents in law never accept her as own daughter.Rather they think the bride has taken their son away from them.A daughter in law has to serve in-laws more than their daughter.But do they allow their son to take care of his in laws like a son??

No,no no in such cases he become a HENPACKED HUSBAND!Why so???

This form-topic is leading the discussion to the point, that when parents of the boy can demand maintenance then why can't wife claim the same? But candidly without answering to this question you totally diverted the discusion to the poor condition of a girl in general. Let's try to stick to the concerned topic.

okay.

Now, regarding your view-point, any human in this world is brought up as per traditions and culture prevalent in his/her locality. In India, a girl is pressumed to live with her in-laws after her marriage. Now should we not teach her to respect the in-laws with whom she would live? Had she continued to live with her parents being unmarried, wouldn't she respect them? The story would have been different, if the boy would go and live with his wife in her house with his in-laws (ghar-jamai). Certainly he respects them even when he is at his home and not a ghar-jamai. But this respect and concern would increase if he is a "ghar-jamai". Why? Answer is simple. Take an example of office. In office, it doesn't matter if you like your boss or not. But you have to compulsarily respect and obey your boss. If you disrespect your boss, certainly when you need support he will not support you. Similarly, in a home, when you don't respect the members of your family, why would they support you? That is why special words are passed to the ears of the girl to respect the parents-in-law. It is for her own good. I hope you agree with me!!

Saurabh you said due to Indian culture  a girl is bound to live with in laws.Indian culture says that it is husband's duty to maintain his wife.Then why a wife can't claim maintenance??Why a boy is not taught to help their in laws like a son?If in laws says offencive to the DIL and she is expected to listen that silently then why a son in law make it an issue of IZZAT when such things happen to him?Why things are not equal in such matters?Your comparision with a boss in office looks funny because a DIL in not a servant in in laws place.

Also, I hope you understood why a boy need not specially do something for his in-laws, as he do not live with them. But this position does not stops him to respect them. Respecting elders is the tradition which is taught to every child irrespective of gender.If gender equality is needed then a boy also should be taught to do everything for in laws like a son .If a married daughter does not do duty towards her own parents then why they would maintain her??

Your assumption is fallacious that in-laws never accepts their daughter-in-law and are always against her. Though there are many cases in which there are certain brutality on the daughter-in-law and I strongly condemn them. But generalizing, that a daughter-in-law is always victimized, is wrong.

I can understand your position as you have seen cases in the court and you feel emotionally pity of the poor women. However, that is one case or may be you would have seen only the genuine cases of women. Had you come across the false cases filed by a woman against her husband and in-laws, you would have certainly not made these comments. I always stand with the one who deserves to be heard and who deserves justice. I agree that not all cases of 498A are false. But my fight is against this Govt. who has failed to provide proper utility of the family laws. I have always observed that those women who desperately need help, are mostly left unheard and left devastated. But those tricky and mean women who are gold-diggers (as I call them as), very easily misuse these laws. That's the tragedy of these laws. And this has left people like you fighting with others, because you only see one side of the story.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

"

kindly dont go with my profile name.You plz tell wherther my raised points are justified or not.

1 Like

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     10 June 2011

@nonfeminist

NOT JUSTIFIED

//peace

/Saurabh..V

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Saurabh..V
"
@nonfeminist

NOT JUSTIFIED

//peace

/Saurabh..V
"

Saurabh Why not justified??

Adv Aileen Marques (Lawyer)     11 June 2011

Women can be made Respondents in DV cases. Orders can be passed against women Respondents with an exception to an order u/s 19 of the act-where the women respondents cannot be removed from the house.

Many High Courts have held that Women can be made Respondents under the DV Act and there is a recent Supreme Court Judgment to this effect as well.

sachin (sse)     18 June 2011

hi

i got a article from net 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Mom-in-law-safe-from-Domestic-Violence-Act/articleshow/6526918.cms

according to above article

"women can file complaints against only male members under the Domestic Violence Act but not against female members like mother-in-law or sisters-in-law or any others, the division Bench clarified with regard to ambiguity of the meaning of the word relative, in the proviso in section 2(q) of the Act"

so whether the above article is correct or  not ??

gaury..fight to win (Education)     19 June 2011

search in LCI, a contradictory judgement u will get.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register