LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

armaan (S/W ENGG)     17 December 2014

Driving licenseq

hi, i am armaan. i am from andhra pradesh, but working in pune since 1 yr. The problem is i need a driving license. Can i apply for a license in maharastra ? if yes , can i give the local house agreement(registerd) as the address proof?  will there be a problem because of that? I am staying in the present house since 5 months.

I can not go to andhra pradesh & get my license because of the work constraints. Also i dont have anyone staying there at the address in aadhar card, which is mandatory in AP that i have to get license only from the address provided in the aadhar card.Since no one at that address , i cant go there & get the work done because of the constraints. 

1) so can i get license in pune,MH?

2)  is my local rent agreement registered can be provided for the address proof? will thee be any problem?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 December 2014

The easiest way to get address proof immediately is applying for such certificate  with post office near your house.  Certificate issued by Post office is valid as resident proof for all purposes and you may have to shell down costs for that.  If you have a nationalised bank's photo attested pass book, it also serves as address proof.  (This must be in addition to your identity, and these are only address proofs.  Others include Voter card and AADHAR)

Getting DL through agent at Pune is easy, after computerisation and slot allotment.

armaan (S/W ENGG)     17 December 2014

hi thanks for the info. i already have the registered rent agreement. the problem is i may or may not stay for long as i may get relocated to another location in the company. So is it okay if i use the present rent agreement as my address proof?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2014

The registered rental agreement will be a valid address proof, apart from your employment identity card. So you can go ahead with procuring driving licens from Pune itself which is valid through out India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register