LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs Mary joyce   12 January 2016

Dowry harrasement

Dear madam I Got married on September 12th 2015 which is almost 4 months now and have been facing lot of issues in my in laws house as it is a joint family , they are asking to get money and more jewels from the house, I am going through a hell lot of difficulties and danger where my husband often picks up unwanted fight and mother in law creates big scene where other in laws take part they all brutally abuse me in filthy language and hit me and threaten me saying I would loose my married life. My mother in law always threaten me that she will make her son to divorce me and get him married to somebody who is more wealthy and extremely beautiful, she keeps asking for liquid cash and jewels she says her parents gave her 80 sovereign as a wedding gift and i should also fullfill something similar, she insults me and my family with the wedding gift and jewels offered is unacceptable as their relative will not respect the family they will abuse me and throw me out, she says if this was the case she would have cancelled the wedding even after engagement and also swares that she has already done this to one of the girl in nagercoil, while on fight she spits at my face often, she beats me, tries to kick me, she uses all valgur words and pulls my hair using sentence lke i am more worst than a prostitute, nobody was ready to marry me only her son took pity , she say I must have given birth to a baby before marriage, about my complexion and appearance etc..... Lots and lots which is really unbearable to digest, she also says that in tamilnadu girls are killed by cylinder blast and also while eating she mentions that she hasn't added poision to the food, she says during her time that she has undergone much more worst difficulties by her in laws and I should be ready to carry the cross, my husband insults and abuses me even in a public place, he is too flirty if I question him he says I must have had affair with other men, he hits me uses high time profanity, hits me with what ever he gets in his hand, says I am more worst than a prostitute, I look like a mother of two child, always compares me with her mother and sisters appearance and dressing sense and insults me, while picking up unwanted fight he encourages my in-laws to interfere and torture me and hit me and takes a pleasure out of it, he demands me to join highest paid salary job, he doesn't even spend 5 minutes with me as a husband apart from having s*x and I get only 4 hours of sleep everyday which he is really not bothered, he doesn't help me in any situation he is not at all bothered to spend 1 rupee even in any emergency, if I try to question him he abuses me verbally asks me to remove my mangal sutra and go home, and always says he will divorce and says his mother is important, one of my brother in law comes to hit me he abused me and my parents verbally, speaks in filthy language and asks me to get out of the house, he says he will get rowdies to destroy my parents and says he get lawyer to get my husband divorce me, they feed me papaya fruit looks like they don't want me to get pregnant, the whole family is troubling me as a whole in all ways possible,initially they use to lock me inside the house thinking I would tell this to my parents, recently they picked up a similar fight and threw me out on 25th of Dec as my mom in law and sis in-law was demanding for a gold ring for my husband as a Christmas gift, they came to my parents house fought with usand created a big scence, my husband only answered my brothers call last week he says his mom is unwell and was admitted in mental hospital and skipped coma and he needs time to take me back with conditions , but Idnt want to go back and live with them, but at the same time I don't want to leave my husband as he is highly responseble for all these torture and also I am worried about my future happiness and society, I come from a middle class family, if at all if I am sportive to divorce him he may get married to someone else he may spoil other girls life, he should be properly warned and should be adviced to live with me separately specially without any dowry demands, I don't mind if he shares his salary to his mom, I would also support my salary for him , but my mother in law and other in laws need to be warned severly and should be scared so that they would never do this to others, I will be very thankful to you throught my life

Learning

4 Replies

Manoj Choudhary (Advocate)     12 January 2016

First of all since you shared your platform I will suggest you to file a complaint stating all your problems in a legal way to police or women cell. There is a mediation cell of police department in almost states. They help you to come to a conclusion mutually. Else file an FIR under various sections of laws in force now a days like 498A, 406 34 IPC, and DV act. you can claim maintenance under section 125 of Crpc as you have a right to claim the maintenance from your husband being his legally wedded wife.

First of all since you shared your platform I will suggest you to file a complaint stating all your problems in a legal way to police or women cell. There is a mediation cell of police department in almost states. They help you to come to a conclusion mutually. Else file an FIR under various sections of laws in force now a days like 498A, 406 34 IPC, and DV act. you can claim maintenance under section 125 of Crpc as you have a right to claim the maintenance from your husband being his legally wedded wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register