Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Singh   19 July 2016

Dowry case before marriage

Hi,

i have a close friend who met a girl in april,2016 through newspaper matrimonial ad.his parents also visited the girl and then said yes for marriage.but after talking to the girl,my friend realized that the girl has a lot of attitude problem and he just cannot live with that girl.as of now,they have talked multiple times on phone and no ceremony has taken place.his parents have just given a small token gift to the girl.

i am myself a fighter for men's rights but need some legal opinion.
the girl's father is a very aggressive person and my friend fears that if he refuses for marriage,he would want to teach him a lesson.my questions are-

1.can they file any kind of legal case in this case?what is the maximum of trouble they can cause to my friend in worst case?
2.the girl's uncle (chacha) is a senior officer in central government.he also visited my friend and warned him of consequences.my friend is very scared.what can he do if they visit him again?will police listen to the boy or support central govt officer?

I was going thorough the below post in which dowry case was filed even before any engagement was done,

https://www.dailypioneer.com/sunday-edition/sunday-pioneer/nation/father-son-booked-for-dowry-before-marriage-case-in-sc.html

Learning

6 Replies

DAULAT DILBAUG (Problems related to money marriage matters.-dostnaye@gmail.com)     19 July 2016

No case can be filed at this stage.

Why you and similar persons like you go to remote areas and select a partner from there.

There will be no life long propbelm.

Vibha   19 July 2016

1. Anything is possible when a woman wants to file a case in India.
  2. Eventually case may not stand in court if no marriage related ceremony has happened. A complaint can still be filed and crime against women cell will be happy to get involved in the matter to harass and make some money.
  3. It is best to run as far away from such woman as possible and face whatever music they play. If he goes ahead with roka or engagement or marriage the problems will only grow exponentially from there.

Arun Singh   20 July 2016

thanks Vibha.

Can you please give specific answer?What kind of cases can be filed?how long it will take to get out of trouble completely?

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     03 August 2016

why presume things? attitudes depend upon events at the time.attitudes are amenable unlike politicians. see in maharashtra congress and NCP earlirt told vidarbha people when in power they would give Vidarbha today they oppse that is caled attitude, it changes for any reasons, marriage depends on compatibility of minds not that of parents, so boy need to be amenable to appreciate the problems of wife and other women. pl, is my take.

why presume things? attitudes depend upon events at the time.attitudes are amenable unlike politicians. see in maharashtra congress and NCP earlirt told vidarbha people when in power they would give Vidarbha today they oppse that is caled attitude, it changes for any reasons, marriage depends on compatibility of minds not that of parents, so boy need to be amenable to appreciate the problems of wife and other women. pl, is my take. one ought to be accommodative, lawyers may take logic and law courts look at sound reasons, so logic always don't succeed. tks

Advocates never solve a problem but fight a probblem so mediation and concilation caame so sec 89 is loaded in CPC 1908. tks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register