LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanni (business)     01 April 2014

Dowry case

SIR,MY AUNTY(MAMI) FILLED A CASE UNDER DOWRY ACT AGAINST MY UNCLE,ME,MY MOTHER AND SEVEN OTHER RELATIVES.BUT POLICE GAVE CLEANCHIT TO ALL MEMBERS EXCEPT MY UNCLE(MAMAJI) AND GRANDFATHER(NANAJI) IN HIS FIR.BUT AFTER SOME TIME SHE AGAIN FILLED A CASE AGAINST SAME TEN MEMBERS UNDER DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT 2005.CAN SHE FILL A CASE AGAIN SAME MEMBERS IF WE HAVE CLEANCHIT IN PREVIOUS FIR? DV CASE IS A CRIMINAL CASE OR CIVIL CASE AND I HEARD THAT ACCORDING TO KARNATAK HIGH COURT VERDICT WOMAN CAN NOT BE INCLUDED IN DV CASE IF THIS IS RIGHT THAN PLZ PROVIDE THE VERDICT COPY.I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL TO HIM.THANK YOU

Learning

5 Replies

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     01 April 2014

@Sanni - why was clean chit given to all other relatives, can you elaborate further ? DV is QUASI case a grandoise mixture.Yes they are citations wheerin women CANNOT DO DV against other women.

sanni (business)     01 April 2014

sir we were given cleanchit because we stay saperetely and have saperate ration cards.sir plz give me the link of the original verdict copy urgent because  tomorrow is the court hearing date.and can we use this verdict in rajasthan?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 April 2014

Dear Sanni

First ,the DV case can be filed against women too as per supreme court Judgement. so Karnataka HC verdict has no value.

Secondly, File an application before trial court for discharge due to residing separately, because DV case can be filed only against them who residing in Domestic Relationship. the court have power to delete all the names who are not residing with Your Aunt.

Feel Free to Call 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2014

Statute does not give any license to any lady to keep committing Domestic Violence and not facing the law.

Now what is the Karnataka High Court judgement please give details so that it can be read.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

It appears that total fact of the case cannot be reproduced by you here.  Meet a lawyer nearest to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register