LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zeus (Engineer)     30 August 2009

Dont want to be part of my father's Will

My father is died and has executed a Will in which he has given the rights to the property to all of us(3 Sons and 1 daugther).  My eldest brother, before his marriage, earned the money to buy that property. My elder brother, before his marriage, spent some money to extend the property. As I have not contributed a single penny in buying the property, I don't want to inherit the property. I know i can relinquish my share to my brothers (I believe they deserve the shares) but am hesitating to do, because doing so might hurt my sister. I want to disassociate myself from the Will. Is there a way to that?

Note: It's been 6 months since my father died.

Thanks

Zeus..

Learning

3 Replies

Zeus (Engineer)     30 August 2009

Originally posted by :Zeus
" My father is died and has executed a Will in which he has given the rights to the property to all of us(3 Sons and 1 daugther).  My eldest brother, before his marriage, earned the money to buy that property. My elder brother, before his marriage, spent some money to extend the property. As I have not contributed a single penny in buying the property, I don't want to inherit the property. I know i can relinquish my share to my brothers (I believe they deserve the shares) but am hesitating to do so, because I don't want to my sister's feelings. I want to disassociate myself from the Will. Is there a way to do that?

Note: It's been 6 months since my father died.

Thanks

Zeus..
"

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     30 August 2009

When the will comes for probate, file an affidavit in the High Court that you don't want to inherit any part of your father's legacy and that you relinquish your share in favour of whomsoever you want.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     30 August 2009

if you relinquish , i thing it becomes  with equal rights to  all  others beneficiaries  under Will Deed

It is better to claim the property  and transfer the same , after some , to your brother , who actually invested for the  property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register