Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay Sharma (Partner)     14 October 2014

Domestic voilence & dowry

Hi,

I am Ajay Sharma from Delhi. I have few queries regarding Domestic Violence and regarding dowry. If someone can help me out that will be great help for me.

First let me explain about me & my wife.

1. This is our second married(Both). We (Both) are divorced earlier.

2. We lived in my fathers house. But my parents don't live with us. They (My parents) live with my brother in Ghaziabad.

3. We married around 7 yrs back. Her mother lives with us from last 3-4 yrs. as we have a son.

4. We have small fights from time to time. Due to financial problems. My works as teacher in public school and I am self employed. Earlier I was doing job but last year in Aug. I started my own computer business. In starting I had to invest money in my business so my financial condition get worse due to that. But at the time my wife taken care of household expanses and only supported her in like I only payed electricity bills and vegetables expanses.

5. But last month we have argument. At that time I felt that her mother had influenced her to fight with me. So I told my wife to send your mother back to her home (Shimla). But she refused to do say as she dont want to send her back. Now from last one month we dont talk to each other. Even I dont eat at home.

6. Now I fear that they may file false case of Dowry or DV. Although sometimes we have arguments but I never hit her and we never ask for dowry. My father given his home to live peacefully. Earlier in my marriage my parents lived with us but she always fight with them for every issue. Then they decided to move on to my brother's place as they dont want to live in that environment.

Now I want a solution. Although I dont want divorce but I dont know what her intentions are. But I have fear that she can file false dowry & DV case against me and my parents.

What should I do? Pls. advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 October 2014

You are going through very stressful financial conditions.  It is reflecting in your matrimonial life.  Rubbing the salt to the wound, the stress at business is spilling over to family life.  You got seven years smooth matrimonial life except an occational tiffs, which are normal in every married life.  She is also good that in your rainy days meeting the family expenses.  Your MIL is also not a burden but helping both of you to look after your child.  In Delhi, it is a turbulent situation to small time businessmen, who are facing cut throat competition.  As you have got requisite qualifications to be a teacher and have enough of experience, you need not to bother about future.  As and when, the water becomes hot, you can jump out of it and go back to teaching profession.  Now at family front, to keep things smooth, you have to make certain efforts:  1.  First thawing the relationship between you and your wife.  Immediately start to talk with your wife and go for shopping spree in these Diwali days along with your wife and let the ice melt between you two and it will give immense pleasure to you as that will dispel your fear that she may  resort to file criminal cases against you.  2.  Immediately drop the demand of sending your MIL to shimla.  She was a helping hand and she would be a helping hand.  If she has her influence on your wife and is creating a ripple in your matrimonial life, you keep this feeling within you and never spell out.  You start to create more impression on your wife.  3.  Next, talk to your wife regularly and share your business tensions with her and occasionally ask her guidance to tide over such difficulties and it will make her to feel her importance.  All these are psychological steps you should take to solve your problem.  If you continue to stop to talk to her and brood about domestic violence, Section 498-A, dowry demand etc.she may file, you are ruining your life.  Put a positive step.  Wish you a happy diwali. 

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 October 2014

Dear Querist

as per my opinion on your queries, first of all you should try to settle the matter amicably with the help of elders and relatives, if not possible, then first of all sent an information cum complaint(Non-Actionable) to Commissioner of Police, NHRC, NCW and sit tight.

Wait and watch, if she filed any cases against you or against your family members then this information cum complaint will be helpful for fighting the case.

Feel Free to Call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register