LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narutoe   22 April 2021

Domestic violence

I have a sister in law my brother abuses her mentally and physically so she left home and now she's staying with her parents but her parents are saying we don't have nothing to do with you whatever happens to u and you need to go back to your home we will not let you stay here and we will not get involved in it what should she do she's helpless. She just wanna stay at her parents for sometimes untill she figures out what to do but even at her home her family members are mentaly harrasing her telling her to go away anywhere but leave from here .i can't do anything for her if I say anything my cousin brother says who am I to his wife and what relationship do I have with her , what can i do for her? (Her husband is my cousin brother)


 5 Replies

sneha jaiswal   22 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

You can help by gathering some information related to domestic violence which can act as an evidence that your cousin brother mistreat her. After this you can go to nearest police station or encourage her to speak to the Domestic Violence Helpline or NGO’s which can help her. She can also approach woman helpline by calling.


Hope it helps


Sneha Jaiswal

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 April 2021

What is your concern / issue / problem / locus standi ?

Unbelievable facts.

However, she should consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding, if there is some truth in the statement

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 April 2021

Yes your relatives and family members mutually discuss and solve the issues will be advisable  or otherwise better to approach a  local lawyer and act accordingly

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     22 April 2021

The main problem is that you are not the victim. In family matters unlike criminal matters, the victim has to register a complain and not the mental supporter! 

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 April 2021

Yes, action, if any, needs to be taken by the victim. And the action lies primarily against her husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register