LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sangeetha Iyer (nil)     29 December 2014

Domestic violence

I filed DV case against my husband in Feb,2013. Till now I ve not got maintenance, as he played tricks in the name of compromise. Mediation also failed. He dragged it on for almost 4 months last yr (from april to August) . Again in the jan 2014 he agreed to take us back and he backed out again. After that he didnt appear for any hearing. When it went for argument he has recalled the case. I would like to know What is PW1. How many more hearings it will take.  My advocate has told that she wil be pressing for IM in the next hearing. Can I demand for maintenance from the date of filing the case. It is very much evident from the order sheet that the respondent only didnt appear for any hearing even when we were to sign a joint memo. And now again to delay the maintenance he has raised objection. Tho he has raised objection it is very much that he has played tricks to delay / avoid giving maintenance.

Learning

2 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 December 2014

Hi

It is the irony of the great Indian judicial system that only innocents suffer and those wicked & crooked enjoys the fruits.

Anyways. Firstly, you are entitled for full arrears of maintenance from the date of filing of the case. Also if your records show that the respondent has been purposefully trying to linger on the case, then you should press the judge to take action accordingly and dispose off your case immediately.

If the Family court judge seems lull, then you can approach High Court for whipping the lathargy our of the family court and award you your rights.

All the best!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Q Slinger (NA)     29 December 2014

Firstly congrats to your husband on delaying the payment of maintenance. This is a good lesson for leeches of the society, specially the educated ones, that there is no such thing as free money. 

You look like an educated person, why don't you go work? Or did you get married just to get your hands on someone else's money and property? What if no one had married you at all? What would you have done then? I am guessing prostitution and begging are out of the questions right?  Would you give children to your husband to take care of? If no, they why should he pay you?

There you go, stop abusing laws, get off the chair and get to work! If you have kids and cannot take care of them, hand them over to your husband and I am sure he can take good care of them.

Now coming to your other post: (https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Dv-114573.asp#.VKFP714Aw)

Its very clear now that you are only interested in free money and property. Once again congrats to your husband for safe guarding himself from money/property hungry wife! 

Go work! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register