LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shreya Saxena   30 May 2021

Domestic abuse and violence

I am 22 years old. My father is extremely abusive to me- both physically and verbally. This has been his habit since I remember but has escalated in the course of this pandemic severely(on a daily basis) and I cannot even escape him because we are not allowed to go anywhere due to the lockdown. I have pictures of my scars and results of this mental abuse and torture on my phone as I have been taking them and keeping them. Once he came to know that I was thinking about going to the police so he said that He will stop providing any kind of financial assistance to me If I did that, ie. He won't pay my college fees, will disown me, etc. Because of all this, I have started developing self-harming tendencies and often hurt myself to ease my anxiety which has now grown to an extreme level. I also feel suicidal almost every second. Is there something I can do in this scenario? Please provide assistance as this pandemic situation is nowhere near its end and I am not able to bear it anymore.


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 May 2021

You can file police complaint and also you can approach the Mahila Santwan kendra

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 May 2021

There is an app for domestic violence situations. You can download SHEROES app for woman. You can chat and take help from councelors in the app.

ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     30 May 2021

Lodge your Complaint with the Police Station and before the Learned Judicial Magistrate under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     31 May 2021

What is the reason he act that extreme? If any medical counseling need for him? what is your mother reaction regarding the activities of your father?

Advocate Abhishek Sinha (Advocate)     06 June 2021

Seems like other family members are not present or are not intervening. You must without any delay contact the Police Women helpline. And do not worry about financial assistance getting stopped from him. Since you are dependent, the law has provisions for that. 

The most important thing is your realization towards your self harming tendencies. Since you have realized and are aware that you are developing these tendencies, I assume you are matured enough to understand that its not good. Rather keeping a check on your mental health is more important. Meditate and tackle this with patience and cool head so that you take right decisions at right time. 

Having said that you must also analyse why is he doing this to you and how can this be managed tactfully. Analyse this with a neutral view point and take decisions accordingly.

Thanks & Regards

Advocate Abhishek Sinha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register