Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul (student)     14 December 2011

Does rti apply for indian embassy's in foreign country's ?

i want some information from the indian embassy in dubai . can i use rti act to get the information ? does rti apply for indian embassy's in foreign country's ?

Learning

15 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     14 December 2011

in my opinion it is applicable, bnecause he is appointed by Govt., of India.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     14 December 2011

yes,rti applies,as Indian embassy anywhere in the world is treated as "India" only.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     15 December 2011

they are covered u/s 2(h) of the RTI Act.

pratik (self working)     17 December 2011

mahendra kumar sir can u provide me the case law which say that ------------Indian embassy anywhere in the world is treated as "India" only.

Thanks

Ganga Dhar (Junior Advocate)     31 December 2011

Dear Friends, I do agree that Indian Emabassies abroad are "Indian Territory" but where do you get the Rs.10/-postal order abroad and how to pay requisite fee in case you want any information? And as usual if they do not reply then where the complain or appeal against the Indian embassy could be lodged. As per my including millions of Indian living abroad to earn their livelihood consider Indian Embassies world over to be THE WORST and even Nepal Embassy is far far better than Our own Indian Embassy.

Infact Indian Embassies can be best suited to be renamed as Paasport Renewal Section Abroad and nothing more than that. If one is free to have his own way then only one treatment is suited to them by public at large and that is TO KILL.

Ask any Indian living abroad.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 January 2012

You can pay by DD. If they are not providing facility for deposit of fee in cash then you can complain to the CIC.

Ganga Dhar (Junior Advocate)     09 January 2012

Hey Mr. Sudhir Kumar,

Where you get Demand Draft for Rs. Ten abroad which is not even fraction of a U.S. Dollar, Qatar Riyal, Omani Riyal, Bahraini Dinar or Kuwaiti Dinar? For Rs.Ten convertible the D/D fee may be hundred or thousands times more than what any body could imagine. Com'n sir dont just write anything even if it is free to express you opinion.

Thanx

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 January 2012

Indian law will follow Indian where ever they are and situs is immaterial.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2012

How to deposit Rs 10/- with them is a matter of fact and not of law. Let him visit the website of  MEA. https://mea.gov.in/mystart.php?id=5009  Let him ring up the embassy and ask them what is the way to deposit fee there. Let him ask the bank how to get DD of Indian curency. There is no need of any case law. Indina embassies are very much part of Govt of india. They are not govered by the law of the receiving country.  In case they do not have any way to deposit RTI fee with them let him complaint to CIC as this amounts to lack of facility.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2012

The queriest is sitting tight I have got the material from the wbsite of indian embassy in dubai (though not a legal advise).

PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER

Dr. P. S. Rajpurohit
Second Secretary (POL) & HOC
Embassy of India
PO Box: 4090, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Tel: +9712 4447758 / +9712 4492700
Fax: +9712 4444685 / +9712 4444685
Email: amboffice@indembassyuae.org
and     indiauae@emirates.net.ae

APPELLATE AUTHORITY

Dr.K.Ellangovan
Director(Community Affairs)
Embassy of India
PO Box: 4090, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Tel:  +9712 4447763
Fax: +9712 4444685 / +9712 4444685
Email: help@indembassyuae.org

So the embassy has facility of RTI and they may be having some way of receving fee also. Ab shreeman aap bhi hath hilao

Ganga Dhar (Junior Advocate)     04 February 2012

Thanks Mr. Sudhir Kumar and I liked your last sentence Ab shreeman aap bhi hath hilao and laughed full of heart with your light hearted spirit  but the problem is that I went and rebuked the Indian attache at Qatar Embassy but had to retreat with the threat of being arrested as for thousands of poor laborers who are dismissed by their employers without salary and benefits and when they seeek the assistance from the Embassy then they have standard reply that they can not help and they can only help with the deportation since many of them do not have Passport with them and  since we have EXIT CONTROL at Qatar so poor fellows have to be deported provided they have the air ticket otherwise they have to be put in jail till they could arrange return ticket or beg from some philanthropist and it is daily's affair.

I am the one who is the sufferer but since I had the means to approach the Labor court but awaiting since April 2011 without job, without money in the hope that I would receive my dues.

But thanks with apology for my rudeness.

Have a nice day.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 February 2012

Earlier you criticized me stating that my advise was irresponsible. I was not annoyed. Now you are praising advise as well as sense of humors  I am not over whelmed.

I advised you only to facilitate the RTI process and I never advised you to pick up string with Indian officials on foreign soil where you can have worse of foreign or Indian criminal law.

I believe that Embassy Officials are taking correct stand. they just cannot do anything if the employer has sacked you. It is the law and judicial system of Qatar where they cannot interfere..

You said the many are without passport. Why they are a alien land without passport?

Did they go illegally without passport? or did they deposit passport with employer who did not return?

Either way they are to blame. 

Ganga Dhar (Junior Advocate)     11 February 2012

No Mr. Sudhir Kumar. Since you know about UAE then there even the Supreme Court has made it illegal for the passport to be kept with the employer but Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority keep the passport of its employee with them and if some employee do not deposit it with them then his salary is withheld and this is not a rumour please but employees have to swallow this bitter pill.

The same way I am not aware about Qatar whether it is illegal for employers to keep passpot with them but many (90%) of the employer keep it with them and when some problem arises then their first reaction is that they do not return the passport and it is then Indian Embassy is needed for out-pass during deportation but you have found fault with the hapless employees who have no alternative except to fall for the employers.

As for criticism I hope even god is being criticized so why so annoyance but I know your are not any SADHU unaffecetd by human emotions. I just liked your Ab Shreeman aap bhi hath hilao and praised you but you became philosopher. Give me a break Mr. Sudheer Kumar.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 February 2012

Well alternative was there when passport was demanded. they could have come back and sued their Indian agents for cheating. [if the passport deposit business was not told to them before they left]. 

Anyway whether due to their fault or not or whether they earlier had any alternative or not. it appears from your descripttion that now they are in sub-human condition, practical slaves. Perhaps their way home passes through Jail in alien land.

Now if the Indian consulate is not supporting them and you feel that it is there duty you can file PIL for writ mandamus in the High Court and Supreme Court of India. Supreme Court has provision of e-petition and is seen to be liberal in approach in human rights mattes.

I am sure these victims if coming to India are not going to start any campaign to stop exodus of work force on sub-human conditions. If such movement succeeds then the economy of gulf nations will crumble and they shall have to bend and agree to take effective steps to safeguard economic and religious rights of the work force.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register