Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (farmer)     24 January 2022

Does mutation brings ownership?

Hello Experts,

My mother and father bought a property together a few years ago, my father passed away a year ago. We have changed the property tax and current bills in my mother's name. I heard that after the mutation of property tax my mother will become the sole owner of that property, is it true? If so, does the Sub-registrar allow either a sale deed or gift deed if my mother decides either to sell or gift the property?

I appreciate your comments.

Learning

7 Replies

PALLABH HALDAR   24 January 2022

Mutation does not gives Ownership Rights

Courts have through its judgement cleared this ambiguity many times

Ownership can only be proved by clear titles

For more information engage a local advocate 

Regards

Advocate Pallabh Haldar

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     24 January 2022

Property tax,house tax or municipal tax  does not confer title/ownership of property. After demise of your father his property share rights devolves to his legal heirs and they are jointly owner of father's share so your mother  alone can neither gift nor sell whole property.

Satish (farmer)     24 January 2022

Thank you Sir(s)

Aryan Raj   24 January 2022

Dear Satish,

If the property was jointly owned by both of your parents then your mother can sell it along with the death and mutation certificates and have it registered in the buyer's name. The fact that you have a mutation proves that you are a lawful heir but you will need proper titles to make the final sale.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Shashi Dhara   24 January 2022

All have equal rights  ,she cannot sale or pledge without your consent.

Satish (farmer)     25 January 2022

@Aryan Raj 
Sir, Can I have your contact details, please?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 January 2022

It is not necessarily the Sub-Registrar who accepts or denies the transfer. The buyer of the property should satisfy himself about the ownership and competence to sell  of the seller, so that no dispute arises after the sale.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register