LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumeet   15 July 2016

Dob issue on birth certificate

My DOB is 4 oct 1989 and on my Birth Certificate, there is an overwriting on the DOB part. Earlier it was written as 2 oct 1989 and then a 4 was written over the 2.

Now this was accepted at every place during my entire life (in school documents, DL, Pan Card, Adhaar Card, etc) and each of these has the correct DOB on them i.e 4 oct 1989. Now while I was applying for the passport, they didn't accept this overwriting and asked me to rectify it. When I went to the municipal corp, I found out that in their records also they have 2 oct 1989 as the DOB on their registers. 

I believe that I will have to change the DOB on the Birth Certificate. Please guide me how to do it. Or is there any other process by which I can get my passport made without changing the Birth Certificate. 

Thank You

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Ask the municipality to issue you BC according to their records (2 oct) and apply for your passport based on that date. It doesn't really matter what you have on all the other records from now on. People at Visa etc. only care for your municipality certificate, not what you put on license, school etc.

(Guest)
Ask the municipality to issue you BC according to their records (2 oct) and apply for your passport based on that date. It doesn't really matter what you have on all the other records from now on. People at Visa etc. only care for your municipality certificate, not what you put on license, school etc. It is almost impossible to get the DOB changed in the municipality certificate. Don't waste your time. You don't need to fortunately.

Sumeet   16 July 2016

Thank You, Mr. Venkat, for the reply.

If I apply for the passport based on 2 oct, then the DOB on the passport will be 2 oct and that is the wrong date. The correct date is 4 oct which is on all other docs too. 

As you said it is almost impossible to change the date on DOB, will making an affidavit stating the wrong date issue help in completing the passport process?

Thank you in advance. 

(Guest)
Whatever date is registered at municipality is your correct DOB even if your mother disagrees. So go with that date from now on in all your documents including passport. The right way to go about this is to get your pan, Aadhar also changed to the municipality DOB. If you use any other date in your passport etc. you'll run into more complications in future. By the way I strongly doubt that passport authorities will accept an affidavit to insert another DOB. Nowadays they made it very strict due to routine issues such as yours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register