Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anir (Supervisor)     22 October 2013

Divorce- living alone from last 3 years

Hi Experts,

I am living alone from last 3 years as wife had tendency to stay with my in-laws after small or big fight. We had a very rough relation just after marriage. She left 3 years back after a Big Social fight and tried to commit suicide. It was scary so I stopped communication. Since then they are trying all means to harass me except giving divorce.

Please let me is this enough time for me to proceed for Divorce as they are not ready for MCD or any other mode. What all things I need to consider here.

Please let me know. I have already wasted my 3 years.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Anir

Hi Experts,

I am living alone from last 3 years as wife had tendency to stay with my in-laws after small or big fight. We had a very rough relation just after marriage. She left 3 years back after a Big Social fight and tried to commit suicide. It was scary so I stopped communication. Since then they are trying all means to harass me except giving divorce.

Please let me is this enough time for me to proceed for Divorce as they are not ready for MCD or any other mode. What all things I need to consider here.

Oh dear:

You have lost 3 precious years.  If you had filed divorce petition 3 years back, you would have got divorce by now, nevertheless, dont worry.

File for divorce now, if you dont want your wife to come back at any cost.

Rest will follow suit.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Anir

Hi Experts,

Oh dear:

You have lost 3 precious years.  If you had filed divorce petition 3 years back, you would have got divorce by now, nevertheless, dont worry.

File for divorce now, if you dont want your wife to come back at any cost.

Rest will follow suit.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2013

Anir,

It is better you issue a legal notice asking her to return to the matrimonial fold within a week from the date of receipt of the said notice, failing which you may initiate divorce proceedings against her on the grounds specified in the notice.  In the notice, kindly include all her cruel activities and behavior with you in a chronological order till the date she voluntarily and  finally disassociated herself from your company without any valid reason.  Subsequent to this notice, after waiting over the stipulated period, go ahead with a divorce petition on the grounds of cruelty and desertion.  That is the only relief available before you for the present, but do it soon before she attempts to foist false cases against you on the grounds of dowry harassment and domestic violence etc.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 October 2013

Anir 3 year desertion period is quite enough , you immediately without delay file a case of divorce on the ground of cruelty and desertion . 2. if she has suicidal tendency then It is very dangerous to live such type of person.

Anir (Supervisor)     23 October 2013

Thanks for reply to all experts here. To avoid long procedures I wanted to move ahead with MCD but my in-laws are not ready. Earlier they wanted that I should take her back and live separately from my parents which I didn't agreed. As per her suicidal tendency I am so much scared to live with her. So in that case I don't want any notice of seeking her return. So in that case I don't have much options except filing a divorce petition from my side. Thanks again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register