Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bonami (Dr. Ms.)     04 December 2009

divorce certificate

Hi,

I received a divorce about 3 years ago u/s 10 of The Indian Divorce Act. My ex-husband had filed the petition in Bangalore (while the marriage had happened in Kerala). The decree was given as an exparte as I, as the respondent, did not have a lawyer to represent my case. With the help of some friends and assitance of a lawyer we managed to get a 9 page decree from the Bangalore court.

This decree had 2 problems: 1. It had unimaginable things written down against my character by my ex- to get a divorce. So if I have to get remarried, I cannot produce that 9-page document out of shame. 2. The copy we obtained is a very poor quality photocopy and is not quite legible.

The questions are:

a) Is it possible to  obtain a divorce certificate stating that my previous marriage has been dissolved, without this 9-page nasty things written about me?

b) If so, what is the procedure to obtain it from Bangalore court. I live in Kerala. Could you please suggest me some names of lawyers who could help me out on this?

Please provide your valuable advice...Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Bonami.

Learning

2 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     04 December 2009

Bonami,

That may be the divorce petition and not the decree. The decree is about 2-3 pages only. Just apply for the certified copy of the decree from the family court and they should be able to give you the same. If there is any alterations that needs to be made, you can go to the High Court and ask for the alternation in the decree (the matter and not the final decree itself)

V Rajasekar (Advocate)     04 December 2009

Pelase clarify that  The Divorce through Corut was obtained  with  surviving Child by a lady in chennai. The child was born in London. Lady  re-married  wanted renual of  the child's passport .  While applying her passport was cancelled stating that the order of  divorce there was no mention about the Guardianship of  the Child. Does this reason stated by passport authorities are  right ? or  what sort of document proof is necessary for obtaining passport for the child . An Early reply is solicited

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register