25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjav Mehta (student)     26 November 2021

Divorce case not granted after 3 years

I had filled case for divorce under sec 13A prior three months ago after that I had taken divorce on notary and  submit it to court, respondent present in a court and he also agree for divorce than after judge asked me whether he run the case on Sec 13A or Sec 13B, I told him that it might be possible that respondent not come in court in next hearing so please run the case in 13A, now judge give me decision that our application of divorce is not granted you should file the case in district court.

What should I do


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 November 2021

You can file in district court

Shashi Dhara   26 November 2021

U have to approach as it to district court .

Anaita Vas   26 November 2021

Section 13 is the foundation section that clearly states the grounds of divorce. These grounds are adultery, cruelty, Desertion, conversion, insanity, leprosy, venereal disease, renunciation, and presumption of death. Thus on these grounds divorce is bound to take place between the two legally married couples. Section 13(A) also provides a divorce through mutual consent where both the parties don’t want to continue a married life, thus mutually they accept the fact and consents to have a divorce.

Yes, you can file a case in the district court. 



Anaita Vas

Ksreddyacs (Advocate)     26 November 2021

Please consult local Lawyer and take decision.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 November 2021

The facts, as posted, are confused and your profile, less than convincing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query