LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinoj   11 June 2020

Divorce

my wife filed divorce petition under cruelty,dessertion,impotency ,but i will proceed with restitution of congigual rights

question:if she agree to live with me after some month ,can she file domestic violence,dowry cases?if so she can sue me alone excluding my family members(i belong to joint family)?

what are all the problem arise if i proceed with restitution of congigual rights?

Learning

8 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2020

Members in the forum can only guide on litigation matters as FIRST AID.  No one can assure or guarantee on the future course of action by your spouse who has already applied divorce on such valid grounds.  By simply making such a petition do not expect that the court agrees with you when the charges are so serious.

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 June 2020

Perhaps, an astrolger would be in a position to give you suggestios, of course for a hefty fee!

SAM (LEGAL)     12 June 2020

Don't go for RCR. Go for mutual consent divorce. Contest the divorce and then compelling her for mutual consent divorce unconditionally without any consideration amount

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2020

Mr.Sam

,Be fair.

The member has stated that his wife has complained:  "cruelty,dessertion,impotence ,"

Member has not denied or stated facts on such allegation and simply wants to file RCR.

Whose life was spoiled?  IS it justified to come scot-free without paying single rupee after inflicting such injury and brought life long difference for her?

Will any wife accept that proposal, when her allegations are serious and she is also having competent advocates that can guide her.

If the member wants early settlement and if the wife is having an independent income, certainly your advice is good.

But if the wife is not having an independent income, the spouse may not accept.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 June 2020

Originally posted by : vinoj
my wife filed divorce petition under cruelty,dessertion,impotency ,but i will proceed with restitution of congigual rights

question:if she agree to live with me after some month ,can she file domestic violence,dowry cases?if so she can sue me alone excluding my family members(i belong to joint family)?

what are all the problem arise if i proceed with restitution of congigual rights?

You have asked, "question:if she agree to live with me after some month ,can she file domestic violence,dowry cases?if so she can sue me alone excluding my family members(i belong to joint family)?

Law do not apply or imply against any "if" .

Be specific "if" there is some problem.

Parasar   14 June 2020

What is ur patience level, how long are you willing to fight.

vinoj   14 June 2020

i am not in hurry to settle this issue anyway my life spoilt so i decided to spoil her life too

i am keen on two things

1.i wont give divorce

2.if i am behind bars(dowry,DV....etc) even my family members too suffer that 

1 Like

Parasar   14 June 2020

Fight the case on merits, nothing will happen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register