LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritika Jain (Salaried)     21 March 2017

Divorce

I am 32, married for 9 years now. We havent been able to consummate our marraige throught these years. Neither is our marriage registered. We are just kind of living in the same house and probably pretending. My partner seems to have no interest besides various promises which are all false. I am now losing upon the patience. Have been quiet for all these years without the family being involoved.

I cannot take it more and would want to file a divorce. Please suggest what would be the procedure.

Thanks,

XYZ

Learning

15 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     21 March 2017

If your husband is cooperating then You should apply for nullity on the ground that marriage has not been consummated

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     21 March 2017

Uhm...errr...no disrespect, are you sure you get the idea what consummation is?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ritika Jain
I am 32, married for 9 years now. We havent been able to consummate our marraige throught these years. Neither is our marriage registered. We are just kind of living in the same house and probably pretending. My partner seems to have no interest besides various promises which are all false. I am now losing upon the patience. Have been quiet for all these years without the family being involoved.

I cannot take it more and would want to file a divorce. Please suggest what would be the procedure.

Thanks,

XYZ

Ritika jain xyz,

If problem is with you, then what point in getting divorce? ie wrt not being able to conceive.  Yes couple like you lose interest, if there is on change in picture.  But I dont know how much have you tried to conceive.

Methods are in plenty.  Have you consulted a doctor?  Have you consulted IVF center? Exhaust all the remidies available.  Only then seek divorce.  REmarrriage also wont be having any spark if problem is with you.  It will be just change of partner and same old story continues in different way.

On the other hand if you are ok and the problem is with your husband, then hurry you are at the edge already 2-3 years max for you to be saleable in matrimonial market.  Take divorce via MCD and jump from this tree to another tree.  

Divorcee tag will be free, finding match also will be difficult.  Hope you have thought all this.  

There is no need for you to register your marriage in order to call your marriage legal.  Have some conscience.  Just jumping to some other tree... what difference will there be between animals and you ppl???

If you appreciate my reply kindly click on the like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below amd convey Thanks !

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

Ritika Jain (Salaried)     21 March 2017

Of course i know what ot meants that marriage is not consummated. The problem is from his side

(Guest)
Of course i know what ot meants that marriage is not consummated.
The problem is from his side

Go for adoption.  Adopt a baby.  That will solve most of the problems.  It is easy to think of divorce as an option, but once you get divorced, there will be much more problems than just boredom that you ppl are facing now.  Life will literally become hell.  This one has this problem, what if new one has bigger problem than this one??? What you will do then? again divorce? or live in relation?  What I am trying to say is, how far will you run away? and keep running?  marriage is not just about having baby and having fun all the time.  Just think whether you are doing right, let your conscience take the lead.

Hope sanity prevails.

If you appreciate my reply kindly click on the like button here or on my profile page by visiting it, whose link is given below amd convey Thanks !

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Go for adoption.  Adopt a baby.  That will solve most of the problems.  It is easy to think of divorce as an option, but once you get divorced, there will be much more problems than just boredom that you ppl are facing now.  Life will literally become hell.  This one has this problem, what if new one has bigger problem than this one??? What you will do then? again divorce? or live in relation?  What I am trying to say is, how far will you run away? and keep running?  marriage is not just about having baby and having fun all the time.  Just think whether you are doing right, let your conscience take the lead.

Wellll...she said consummation, not conception ... that is why I asked specifically . No offence meant.

whatnot   21 March 2017

If you are looking for a quick remedy and a quick bail out than just walk out provoided there exists no legal binding document of any forms and you don't care about money, house.

If not, you may chose to go through legal ways. But going nullity would consume more time.

Desertion, cruelty(may be) is also ruled out.

MCD is best option. Sit for negotiation with elders and put past behind you.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Atul (pub ID) laugh

Wellll...she said consummation, not conception ... that is why I asked specifically . No offence meant.

So called Great public ID,

Cases like this one, I see almost every second day in court.  Ab yahan na koi jujj he ya ko tumhara pairvi karnewala.  Point in court also will be why let the parties part ways than why cant they be convincned otherwise.  Ab tere jiase log apna shaan patti dikhane ke vaaste kuch bhi bolte hain at the expense of who has come at your doorstep seeking solution.

Matrimonial disputes mein solution hota hi nahi he.  The only solution is to adjust with each other and keep doing so on and on without complaint.  The ones who keep seeking solution or see divorce as a solution, what can anybody say ?  Arseholes like you and me just point out differences between couple, some which court recognizes, some which not only to wash eyes of litigants that they will get solution.

AT least I tried convincing not to part ways.  What did you convince? other than pointing out differences so that they will fight some more???  You dont remember the oath??

Now you want to teach me what is consummation? or are you teaching some more third class points for the warring couple to fight over in full public display?

Professional jelousy is something else, but you have to think what you are pointing out and what effect it might have on warring couple isnt it.

Oh my, so you've SEEN A COURT  ... kewl.

Vaise tu mujhse itna kalapta kyun hai  bhai ... tu law school mein fail ho lia ... tu apne Vakeel saab ke liye Clients nahi fansa paa raha ... teri angrezi chindi he ... is sub mein meri kya galti hai re crying

Professional jealousy, of you, oh my, oh, ah HAHAHAHAHAHA  roflol, now you're having illusions of grandeur of being a professional. That means, Google Translate, khaas aapke liye: पेशेवर ईर्ष्या, ... हाहाहा अब आप पेशेवर होने के लिए भव्यता का भ्रम कर रहे हैं

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Atul (public ID)
Oh my, so you've SEEN A COURT  ... kewl.

Vaise tu mujhse itna kalapta kyun hai  bhai ... tu law school mein fail ho lia ... tu apne Vakeel saab ke liye Clients nahi fansa paa raha ... teri angrezi chindi he ... is sub mein meri kya galti hai re 

Professional jealousy, of you, oh my, oh, ah HAHAHAHAHAHA  roflol, now you're having illusions of grandeur of being a professional. That means, Google Translate, khaas aapke liye: पेशेवर ईर्ष्या, ... हाहाहा अब आप पेशेवर होने के लिए भव्यता का भ्रम कर रहे हैं

Abey ghatiya aadmi chup kar laugh

(Guest)
Originally posted by : autohide4uheart
Ritikaji. If problem is only about s*x then you can find lover on the side. If problem includes incompatability with husband then ask him for mutual divorce it takes 6 months and simple procedure to file an application in family court. If your husband does not agree then you can go to your parents house. Wait for few months if he still does not agree you can approach a lawyer to help file some cases against the husband. After seeing the cases he will agree for divorce. Don't make mistake of asking alimony etc. That will delay process for 10-15 years and you will have white hair before you can think of normal s*xual life with another person. 

(Guest)
Nine years marriage and no consummation? Seems hard to believe. Anyway, you need personal consultation with a legal expert and a marriage counselor just to make sure problem is not from your side and set you in the right track if there is. Good luck.

(Guest)

Anyway 9 years you continued.  Why not rest of your life?  Sex related matters are the last resort for any warring couple to claim divorce, the most common ground seen in court.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     24 March 2017

Anyway 9 years you continued.  Why not rest of your life?  Sex related matters are the last resort for any warring couple to claim divorce, the most common ground seen in court.

"Adopt a baby.  That will solve most of the problems." That was the wisest solution to any issue that I've ever read ...replace wisest with funniest :P

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register