Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajitava Kundu (Student)     12 May 2014

Difference between offer letter and appointment letter

Hi all,

I am a student . Presently I am working as an intern with a company. They are offering me Full time employment. I told them to give offer letter and write all the details about CTC and everything in it. But they are not willing to give offer letter. They told that they will give appointment letter only.

I have offer from other companies too and I have signed offer letter with them.

Please help me. I am a fresher. I have no idea about this.

My question is should i sign appointment letter or ask them to give offer letter first.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 May 2014

The offer letter is issued confirming and making an offer of employment and it provides detail of position, location, remuneration offered, joining date  etc.

Usually selected candidate is asked to confirm acceptance of offer on copy of the offer letter. 

As per various publications and posts by querists it is noted that companies are inserting condition that if candidate accepts the offer but does not join then he/she has to make payment of some liquidated damages. The candidate should decline to accept such conditions and must collect payment of interview expenses in interview itself.It is beter to get offer leter examine it an

d raise queries if any for clarfication. 

The detailed appointment letter is issued upon joining.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register