Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     08 January 2010

Sir, coparcenery property refers to property inherited upto four generations of members of a Hindu joint family. Whereas ancestral property refers to that property inherited by the ancestors of a person who is a member of Hindu joint family irrespective of number of generations.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 January 2010

Good explaination.

1 Like

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     09 January 2010

GOOD AND BRIEF SUCHITRA JI.

1 Like

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     09 January 2010

well done suchitra keep it up

1 Like

Daljeet Singh (Lawyer (a new comer))     09 January 2010

So thanx Suchitra.

shrikant chede (law officer)     11 January 2010

well done suchitra keep it up

K.Babu (self employed)     30 January 2013

My grand father got a property in partition deed with his father & brothers in 1960. my grand father has 2 sons and 2 daughters. both are married above 1980. My grand father wrote a settlement deed in favour of one son's children in 2003. but another sons childrens filled a suit for share in the property.they told that the property is not self acquired by my grand father. so, it should be shared by all. please guide me what to do?

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     13 April 2014

To suchitra, 

Can you please give me explanation by giving examples of each i.e. Ancestral property and Coparcenery property. Since long time I have been confused to know the difference.  That is only you have given good explanation.  There is only a slight doubt remained. 

With kind regards

Ravinder.P

madhusudhana reddy (client)     11 August 2017

Property acquired from paternal ancestors i.e. father, father's father, father's father's father upto three generations is ancestral property in with coparcenars will get right by birth. If property is inherited from maternal side ancesters i.e. Mother, mother's father or anybody else is sepaerate property even though it was inherited from ancesters. Coparceners cannot claim as of right in the property inherited from maternal ancesters. Property inherited by a son upon death of his father under sec-8 of HSA is also separate property even though ancestral and coparceners cannot claim any right in that property after year 1956.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register