Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abeesh (Officer)     06 January 2015

Did i have any rights..

Dear Sir's,

I am basically from Kerala Alappuzha Dist now working at Gujrat, My problem is....

1. My mother owned property of 20 Cents at kerala Alappuzha Dist as her father( my Grand Father ancestral property)  given it as wedding gift.

on 2002 i am 15 years my sisters marriage came up and sold for her Gold and Gift Money.

2. My father Died 3 months back and my living house is on  18 Cents, at kerala alappuzha Dist. On that property 8 cents belongs to my Fathers and Mothers Name ( Non ancestral property) . As my father died it become my Mothers.

and balance 10 cents  ancestral property will divided equally to my father and Fathers Own Brothers( 2nos) . 

My fathers brothers are willing to give me their share as their wish.

MY Problem is my sister asking share on  above said 8 Cents  and 3.3 Share of fathers ancestral property now belongs to my mother.

Did she have any rights on that 8 Cents ?

Did i have any rights of share or profit on above said point No. 1 

what are my rights if it become any disputes on court in future. now no such issue.

Please help me in the matter.

Advance Thanks..

Learning

1 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 January 2015

If you are hindu then 1. You had mentioned that 8 cent is on your father and mothers name , if your father died intestate then your mother will get 4 cent as she is coowner of the property and rest 4 cent of your fathers share will equally distribute among you , your mother and your sister, it means you all three are entitle for 1.3cent each in your fathers share 2. 10 cent is an ancestral property this will equally distribute among your father and his two brothers it means each will get 3.3 cent ancestral property , now your fathers share will equally distribute among you three hence each will get 1.1 cent in it , 6.6cent will go to your fathers brother which they can gift / relinquish in your favour .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register