LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohit (owner)     29 November 2011

Will

hi. my grandfather has unregisterd will on plain paper without any witness has that will any value court.

Learning

8 Replies

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     29 November 2011

Mr Mohit

Such will is not at all valid becaue, will must have at least two attetors

with regards

I.S.ROy, Advocate

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     30 November 2011

Dear Friend,

Will is valid even in a plain piece of paper and that is the resason there is no Stamp charges applicable to Will.

It does not have any legal format as such but it is the need that the plain paper should be witnessed and should have Doctors cetificate.

You can apply for Probate and let the Ld.Court decide.

regards

God is Great (Executive)     30 November 2011

Hi, Is the doctor's certificate mandatory. As according to my knowledge, a will with two witnesses is sufficient for the validity of the will.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     30 November 2011

this will is not valid because there is no witness signature on that will .there are some other condition when the will is valid without the witness signature .this condition is not applicable there ?

God is Great (Executive)     30 November 2011

Yes, this is not valid as not witness, but I was talking generally whether doctors certificate is mandatory?? I agree that it has to be signed with two witnessess, but I doubt whether doctors certificate is required mandatorily as mentioned above by Rajesh Hazra

mohit (owner)     30 November 2011

sir can they present thier wittness in the court directly.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     01 December 2011

mohit not clear ur question ?

mohit (owner)     01 December 2011

means can they bring thier known person or realitive to witness in court directly even if the person which r witnesing  in court not signed in will ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register