Charud, Final Reply
You said that the disease is somewhat controllable and not curable permanently.-That is right.
Before marriage and after marriage also my wife and her parents never told me about her psychic disease.--So, they made afraud,yes ,But after 6 years of marriage it’s not a ground for divorce.
Most people with OCD resort to repetitive behaviours called compulsions like the following:
- Repeatedly washing hands/or taking baths.
- Repeating routine actions a number of times until it feels right. For instance, checking if lights are switched off or appliances are unplugged.
- Excessive checking of door locks, the fridge or stoves.
- Repeatedly making lists, counting or arranging.
- Unnecessary re-reading and re-writing or excessive praying and performing rituals.
Your Solution Treatment
Treatment is a combination of various forms of counselling like exposure therapy and cognitive therapy. "A patient needs to recognise that the intrusive obsessive thoughts and urges are the result of OCD. They should work around these thoughts by focusing their attention on something else, at least for a few minutes. Ask your family and friends for their support and patience,"
Aishwarya also said that there are so many health problems where one goes to doctors on weekly basis...do their relatives come for support?when a man and woman marry,in their pheras do they promise that they will stand by each other 4 ever, "but with the support of relatives"???
"Stress from unemployment, relationship difficulties, problems at school, illness or childbirth can be strong triggers. Being a victim of s*xual abuse as a child, can increase the chance of developing OCD as an adult."
Osd an anxiety disorder in which an individual suffers from unwanted repetitive thoughts and behaviours.
Two major symptoms of OCD are obsessions and compulsive rituals. They often centre on one or more of the following issues:
- A person with OCD may constantly worry about having dirty hands or clothing, or catching or spreading germs. In some cases, it extends to s*xual activity.
- They worry that the front door isn't locked, the oven isn't turned off, or a cigarette hasn't been snuffed out.
- They fear losing control and harming others.
- They are obsessed with order and precision, may feel very anxious if even the smallest detail is out of place.