Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Online Fraud

Three people cheated me by posing as share market traders/brokers and took 1,87,500 INR from me for trading and for 4 months I'm asking the money back but they are not giving. They basically were doing dubba trading. I have their contact numbers and bank account details. They have caused me a great mental harassment and agony. I want to lodge a FIR against them and make sure they get severely punished. what should I do, can anyone please guide me?
Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. You can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for various offences like Cheating, Intimidation, Fraud, Breach of Trust, Mischief etc.... against the persons, supported with all relevant supporting Documents, Evidences & Witnesses.

2.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet.  The said Person may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 

Total likes : 2 times


respected sir

one can lodge the FIR under Section 154 of Code of Criminal Procedure at the local police station. The documents required for filing the FIR will depend upon the type of of cyber crime committed. 

The government of India initiated  National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal, which is the components of Cyber Crime Coordination Centre established by Ministry of Home Affairs and government of India where you can register your complaint and have access to cyber crime cells.

here's the link-

you need to register yourself using your mobile number after which you will receive an OTP valid for 30 mins. you need to mention all the details including incidental, suspects, complainant's (license/ voter id/ PAN card, address). After this you will receive a PDF and an email about the compalint.

you can also go for offline cybercrime complaint in the written form, for which you can file at any cyber crime cell in India as it comes under global jurisdriction



We have lent money to our family friend good faith but now when they recovered and in good wealth condition they are not supporting on returning our retired amount. We need ur expert advise to guide us towards right decision for Recovery 🎓

thank you so much Hemant and Aditi.

Lodge FIR for investigation and further proceeding as per law.


without your concern how they received that much money transaction been held? How  you trusted them without finding  facts and backgrounds of their profession ? Any how file a complaint before Police and try to get your money back


Thank you Vashista Sir.

Dear Sankar Sir, they posed as employees of Forex Factory company, they showed me fake screenshots of that websites and all. I agree I should have been more careful, but I can't undo what I have done.
Retired Manager

The first point is that Dubba Trading is illegal in that the transactions are not routed through the stock exchange It all depends upon how you made the payment. Did you make the payment by way of cash just handing over the amount to them physically or paid to the credit of their account by way of cheque?


When you are duped in an illegal activity, filing of FIR would be difficult as you have first explain why you resorted to such activity.




Sivarama Sir, actually I was not aware it was dubba trading where I'm getting involved into, they told me they are from Forex Factory company and they are legit commodity traders



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x