Right to husband property

Hello Sir,

My sister and her husband were living separately because of his husband was oppressed her everyday and also was beating her. But 3 month ago her husband dead due to corona at his hometown , Dhule, Maharashtra. Now my sister want to take his husband House and want to live there which is in Dhule but homes key is having at husband's sister and those peoples now denied to handover the keys. So please guide us what action should we take now.
Please guide us.

Thanks and regards

If the property is owned property of her husband, then she is legally having right to enter.


If  her MIL is alive she has also equal right ,if dead then file suit of injunction against them not to interfere  in your husband's property.



Your sister is the legal heir of your husband so she is entitled to her husband's property. Contact a local advocate and initiate appropriate legal proceedings against your in-laws.


yes you are absolutely right, we can go with legal action but it will take much time for hearing process. Right now she has no any shelter to live .... so should she awaiting for decesion of court.?.. Afterall she and her childrens only are legal heir of that property..... what immediately action should she take now ?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x