Right to information

Hello Expert,
I would like get to know something about our own right. My sister and her husband was living separately from the last 3 years. Now her husband passed away on 2 months back. Now my sister want to claim on her husband property. So how can she do it, Because she does not know anything about her husband property. Please guide on below -
1) How to find husband all peoperty like plots, lands etc?
2) Sister does not know about her husbands All Banks account details, even she does not know in which banks having husband bank accounts?

So please guide me sir.

Thanks and regards

It is you or your sister to find out her property.

No legal issue is involved in your query for consideration and obligation by experts.


Retired employee.

There are separate verification agents/private detectives exclusively specialized in the profession and commercial banks use their services to find out the assets of those default borrowers where there is no security appears to Bankers and to get information from them and then attach that asset for executing/attachment/ recovery process.  Engage a professional or contact deceased relatives who may be friendly with him and your sister.  If he is a Government employee, wife can seek such information from the employer as he might have submitted Bank account particulars, asset statement or availed some housing loan, contributed to insurance etc., (All this if there is no legal separation)


Hello Sir.... Now 3 months back sister husband passed away and sister husband was government employee. So already she claim about PF, Gratuety and others possible thinks and even she could get to know the 1 bank details. But now how get to know about her husband other properties like. plots, lands, shares etc.... and how get to know about others banks details.
Retired employee.

Try with employer and file such RTI Application to ITO .  Several alternates were suggested.


Your sister's husband salary will be credited to Bank. you can find out the bank details from the dept. Once you find out the details it will be not difficult to find out the other property details.


The posting suggests no legal issues. Please verify with the office whether he had filed the property returns.

Dy Director

There is no legal issue involved. 


Thew deceased being govt servant was under intimation to intimate property transaction to the deptt.  Such details can be had under RTI.  However, in case he had been violating this condition then no information will be available with deptt.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x