Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

advocate'aAct ethics

sir kindly send a reply whether an empelled lawyer of state can appear against the state?

Learning

5 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     31 May 2020

If the Advocate is appointed as Govt Pleader/AGP by the Govt he cannot appear against the Govt/State.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     03 June 2020

I agree with the opinion of Expert Mr. Suri.Sravan Kumar

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     06 June 2020

The answer is in your reply only. Any body appointed as Standing for any of the department of State or Central cannot appear against the governjment.  So also with the appointments made by the governments, which are looselly called as political appointments.

LIYANA SHAJI   09 June 2020

Hello sir,

Under section 2(7) of the Civil Procedure Code, a govt pleader iincludes any officer appointed by the State Government to perform all or any of the functions expressly imposed by this Code on the Government Pleader and also any pleader acting under the directions of the Government Pleader. Hence, only if an advocate is appointed as a govt pleader, he/she cannot appear against the govt/state.

Regards,

Liyana Shaji

Subhash chandra Pratihar   30 June 2020

Thank you sir.there are thousands of cases but a n empaneled lawyerin my case and in other case he can appear against or not .my intention is clear.once you are empenelled and takes your fees from govt you can't appear against govt in other case also.am I correct./?৯

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register