Can earning wife claim maintenance

Will the judgment of Delhi or other HC be binding on lower court of any other state in India?

My wife filed false 498(a) & 3,4 DP act on me & parents in june2018.since living separately.. In Feb 2020 she filed DV Sec 12 claiming for maintenance (along with property,gold ,bike ,laptop Worth 75 lakhs)for loss & damage of her health and property etc... - we are not divorced yet, --she is working for the last 5yrs --i don't have a job even before she filed 498a --i don't have kids

Lawyer

Akriti Mishra,

As a student you should seek guidance of your tutor, this platform is meant for needy litigants and not for coaching, even then you have been provided more than adequate material.

Housewife

There is supreme court judgement minakshi gaur versus chitranjan gaur cri app 1080 of 2008 ...maintenance even to working wife and vipul lakhanpul versus Pooja Sharma cri revision 369 of 2014 himachal pradesh highcourt...maintenance to working wife..here wife was earning yet maintenance granted.."wife is entitled to lead a life in the similar manner as she would have lived in the house of her husband-she cannot be compelled to become a beggar"

Dear Law Experts,

I have sent divorce notice to my wife and soon case will be filed , My Wife is earning 46000 Per month working with a MNC since last 8 years in Noida (UP), She has one unmarried younger sister and  one unmarried brother both are also earning and mom . If my wife files for maintenance under section 125 CrPC , what are possibilities of granting her application by court and on what options i have to get her application rejected. I am also working with an MNC and earning 50K+. Thanks in advance.

Retired employee.

There is more than enough information in each guidance offered by many experts.  Please go through and let your advocate present a counterclaim seeking for your maintenance and he can professionally guide you depending on facts.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x