Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anchal Beriwala   29 August 2018


I want guidance on how to file and proceed for a divorce. I got married in November 2017 and my marriage is not yet registered under the law.

 5 Replies

Adv. Varun Vij (Advocate)     29 August 2018


You need to approach a local lawyer and discuss your case. It is preferred that  you file a mutual consent divorce. Please give more facts so we can help you better. You can file only after 1 year of marriage. You may contact us if you so desire.

Adv. Varun Vij
Juris Falcons Law Group

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     30 August 2018

dear Anchal,

You can file a unilateral divorce before the family court of your city.

Secondly there should atleast be a time period of one year from the date of your marriage to filing such petition.

Thirdly Registration of marriage is not the essence for filing a unilateral divorce. If you have the following you can proceed.

1. Lagan patrika.
2. Wedding card
3. Marriage photos
4. Reception photos.

Adv. Solomon Raj,
Attorney at Law,
Bharat Gaurav samman awardee 14
AICC National Legal Chairman.

Anchal Beriwala   30 August 2018

What if I want to separate immediately?

TGK REDDI   30 August 2018

Apply for Judicial Separation.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     31 August 2018

Marriage is made by two hearts not two hands, if it dies there, no power on earth can save it. Married in 2017 and wants divorce in 2018, it shows that your hormones took the batter of you to entered into matrimonial home. Better be honest and speak to your unfortunate husband to obtain consent divorce as a case of mistakn marriage or accidental marriage whatever. All the best..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query