LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinodh (-)     08 February 2017

Release deed

Hi, Can someone please define the term "FAMILY" in the Indian Stamp act, 1899? Exactly what I want to know who are all considered as a family? appreciate your help! thanks!

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 February 2017

The name itself implies that those familly members or heirs which are concerned with that propertry as claimants that are having rights of co-sharers in the property by virtue of their heirship.

vinodh (-)     10 February 2017

Thank you! Sir.

But I need some more details, like who are all considered as "FAMILY".

Because, why I ask this question is:

For my grand father 7 children. Those 7 members divided a property (Ancester property) through RELEASE deed. Before the deed execution one of the member out of 7 deceased. Then the deed executed with the deceased leagal heirs (i.e., with deceased Son & Wife releasing the other six and other six members released the legal heirs).

Now after two years we notice received from registration department stating that there is due in the stamp duty.

And reason they say is, the release deed executed was not among family members, as the deceased legal heirs are not considered as "FAMILY" and hence the regular charges won't apply for this execution and asked to pay the balance amount about 20 lakhs.

So, that is why I want to know who are exactly considered as "FAMILY".

thanks!

vinodh (-)     13 February 2017

Hi,

Can someone please calarify the above questions?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Vinodh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register