Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Illegal construction inside apartment


Apartment bought in 1998. 550 sqft. Chennai. The first owner seem to have made illegal alterations of adding 2 bathroom toilets and a kitchen. Gave petition to Commisioner of police 5 years back and stopped use of the illegal usage. The owner vacated and rented it out. I am sending letter to the owner through occupant for the past 5 years, every month, by speed post, to remove the illegal constructions. One bathroom is on my kitchen, the other on my bed room and illegal kitchen is  above my hall. It is more than 2000 sq ft flat consiting of 5 bathroom toilets and 2 kitchens 2 halls and 4 bedrooms.The present owner has converted 2 flats into one.The occupant started using them again from December 2015. Now half of my hall roof is leaking around 2 pillars. And in my bedroom there is a crack devloping in the the beam of the building due to the extra weight on my roof. My kitchen lights are not working and my bedroom switch board is affected.1. What is the law under which i have to make a complaint to CMDA? 2.What is the role of the association in this matter? 3.who should i adress my complaint? 4.What are the steps?

The association and the occupant are not giving me the flat owners address or mobile or land line number. Now it is 3rd owner. Also a parking space is sold inspit of my objection and it is also 3rd owner now. Both illegal activities have been excuted with the full co-operation of the then association. The association members are telling me, they have  bigger apartment than mine, they have car and so they are rich and i have to agree to anything they say and that i have to spend on the leakage around the building pillars and the crack in the beam inside my apartment, from the above flat.I AM NOT RICH ENOUGH TO REPAIR THE RICH ABOVE APARTMENT. 

The builder was chased away by the association before completing.due to some misunderstanding unknown to me. Balance work was completed by the owners and the building completion certificate was collected by the association. The builder doesnot exist now.




You cannot remain peaceful in view of the circustances expalined.Better quit by disposing it if you are the sole owner and find out somother place.



You can contest the certificate of completion issued by CMDA, with lieu of the court. Then take on the owner, he will fall in line. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x