Upgrad LLM

Indian Patent Agent Examination 2010

Advocate

First of all a very happy New Year to all of you.

IPR is picking up by leaps and bounds these days and there is lot of demand and need for   such career options in present time. There are instances where the Corporate Houses are looking for right candidates to begin and continuously look after their IP departments. The      profession of practicing as patent attorneys offers increasing opportunities in India as well as abroad.But for working abroad one need to clear their elegibility requirements.

According to me the best way to Prepare for the Patent Agent Examination is as below

Step-1 Read the previous year Papers given on the Govt. of India Intellectual Property website.

Step-2 Read patent Act from any book on Intellectual Property or Patents.According to me one such book is Demystifying Intellectual property rights by N.R Subbaram, former controller of Patents,Govt of india. there are books in the market which have explained Patents in very easy language.

Step-3 Now try to solve the questions yourself which you have read in Step-1.

Regards

Rohit Sharma

Advocate

Techno-Legal professional

Brainleague courses are very expensive.

Can someone suggest notes or small books etc.

I have seen Wadhera'sbook on IPR but that would cover only first paper of this exam.

Can an inventer apply for both Product as well as a Process Petent simultaneously for the same subject matter ?

Advocate

Dear Mr.Prasad Patwardhan

The Indian Patent Act states that the patents shall be granted for all inventions whether products or processes which satisfy the conditions of novelty, inventive step and utility with certain exceptions available in section 3 and section 4.

And in accordance with section 10(5), the claim of complete specification must relate to single invention or to group of inventions which are linked to each other by single inventive concept.

So, according to me the inventer can apply for both product as well as process Patent in the same application.

Regards

Rohit Sharma

Sr. Design Engineer

As posted by Mr. Prakash Patent Agent exam 2010 will be conducted on 23rd january (written) and 24th/25th viva. I came to know this today. Is there anything I can do to get enroll now and also I have zero preparaion so will it be possible to crack this exam in this short time?????

Last date of submission was 31-Dec-09. By now most of the applicants would have got the payment receipts too.

This means that even the extended date is also over.

May be you will have to wait until next exam.

Can someone explain what is Divisional Application.

Patent Engineer

Divisional application When the application made by an applicant claims more than one invention, the applicant on his own request or to meet the official objection raised by the Controller of Patents may divide the application and file two or more applications as applicable for each of the inventions. This type of application divided out of the parent one is called divisional application. The priority date for all the divisional applications will be same as that claimed by the parent application (Ante-dating).

If an application covers too large an area, then the patent office can divide the application into separate applications called divisional applications. The specifications of a divisional application are the same as the application but claims a different

Thanks Bhavani.

More Qs: 

1. Ref to deposit of Biological material [U/S 10(4)ii(A) shallbe made within xxxxxx months from filing the application.

2. Alternative word for 'License Granted by Controller'.

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x