Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian Patent Agent Examination 2010

Page no : 2

Gautam Sharma (Sr. Design Engineer)     11 January 2010

As posted by Mr. Prakash Patent Agent exam 2010 will be conducted on 23rd january (written) and 24th/25th viva. I came to know this today. Is there anything I can do to get enroll now and also I have zero preparaion so will it be possible to crack this exam in this short time?????

Prasad Patwardhan (Techno-Legal professional)     11 January 2010

Last date of submission was 31-Dec-09. By now most of the applicants would have got the payment receipts too.

This means that even the extended date is also over.

May be you will have to wait until next exam.

Prasad Patwardhan (Techno-Legal professional)     11 January 2010

Can someone explain what is Divisional Application.

Bhavani (Patent Engineer)     13 January 2010

Divisional application When the application made by an applicant claims more than one invention, the applicant on his own request or to meet the official objection raised by the Controller of Patents may divide the application and file two or more applications as applicable for each of the inventions. This type of application divided out of the parent one is called divisional application. The priority date for all the divisional applications will be same as that claimed by the parent application (Ante-dating).

If an application covers too large an area, then the patent office can divide the application into separate applications called divisional applications. The specifications of a divisional application are the same as the application but claims a different

Prasad Patwardhan (Techno-Legal professional)     13 January 2010

Thanks Bhavani.

More Qs: 

1. Ref to deposit of Biological material [U/S 10(4)ii(A) shallbe made within xxxxxx months from filing the application.

2. Alternative word for 'License Granted by Controller'.

1 Like

shama (TIFAC IPR SCHOLAR)     14 January 2010

The deposit of the biological material shall be made not  later than the date of filing of patent application in india and a reference thereof made in the specification under sub-clause (A) of clause (ii) of sub-section (4) of section 10 shall be made within  3 months from the date of filing of application.

Licence granted by controller is compulsory licence.

1 Like

Rohit Sharma (Advocate)     14 January 2010

Licence granted by Controller is Compulsory License.

Genius Gene (Sr. Manager-IP)     17 January 2010

Rule 10 says The proof of the right to apply for the patent for invention can be furnished within six months from the date of application. Which form has to be submitted as "Proof of Right" application?

Prasad Patwardhan (Techno-Legal professional)     17 January 2010

Hello Genius..

S.7(2) Rule 10 talks about the right to assign and to apply should be declared within 6 months of filing.

There is no form specified.

An endorsment within Form_1 describing particulars of the assigmnet conferring the right to apply should sufficiently address the requirements of S. 7 (2)

1 Like

Bhavani (Patent Engineer)     20 January 2010

Can someone explain, is there any difference between "compulsory licence" and "Licences of rights"?

Rohit Sharma (Advocate)     20 January 2010

Hey are you taking about the difference between compulsory license and related license?

shama (TIFAC IPR SCHOLAR)     21 January 2010

Before 2002, there was a provision like if patent is granted, Controller, on request by applicant grant a licence and the rights starts from that date of grant of licence called the licence of right but now situation is changed Controller can only grant compulsory licence on the grounds stipulated in sec 84 of patents act 1970.

shama (TIFAC IPR SCHOLAR)     21 January 2010

PA exam new time table Paper I    11 AM  -  2 PM

Paper II    3 PM  -   6 PM

1 Like

Bhavani (Patent Engineer)     22 January 2010

Thank you Shama!! 

The PA exam is 2.30 hrs only. I received an admit card with time table.

Paper 1 = 11.00 to 1.30

Paper 2 = 2.30 to 5.00

Bhavani (Patent Engineer)     22 January 2010

Oh sorry Shama!!

Just now i saw the notice regarding this in patent office website.

Yes, the PA exam is now reschedule as 3 hrs.

Thanks for your information.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register