Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian Patent Agent Examination 2010

Page no : 3

Rohit Sharma (Advocate)     23 January 2010

Hey Frnds Any comments on todays Paper........

Paper -1 pattern got changed.

Shubhendu (none)     25 January 2010

Hi everyone I appeared in patent agent exam on 23n 24th jan10.

can some1 suggest that an M. Sc. life sc guy has any chance in this patent field without qualifyin PA exam and if yes den wat profile.

Thanx

Shubhendu (none)     25 January 2010

it was complicated n i really didn xpect dis standard n muggers like me r outta scene i guess.case studies ooooooooooo

Amar Nigam (Engineer)     26 January 2010

Hi Sir,

I am Amar Nigam, wokring with Wipro. i would like to know about the Patent Agent Exam. Can you please help me out??

Amar Nigam (Engineer)     26 January 2010

Hi Rohit,

Would like to know about the patent agent exam. Actually I do not have any idea about the exam and its pattern. I am an IT professional and working with Wipro. would appreciate if you reply me about this exam ...thanks

Rohit Sharma (Advocate)     26 January 2010

Hi Amar,

The Intellectual property office conducts Patent agent examination twice a year generally.

Any science graduate and any engineer or equivalent from any recognised university in India can sit for exam.

A patent Agent has a right to appear before the controller and transct all business and anyother work related to appearance before the controller.

Hope the above will help you.

For further details you can visit IP office website.

Regards

Rohit Sharma

Genius Gene (Sr. Manager-IP)     27 January 2010

Just Back from Chennai.

Paper 1 was much easier than expected. There were lot of o[ptions to chose from in Part B. 3 hours is was way much time than required to complete the paper. Most of it was objective and subjective questions were to be written to the point.

Paper 2 had two sections. Had to attempt all the questions. No choices. The second part of the paper had two questions 30 marks each. In one question you need to write the complete specification from a given matter (took 1 hr 10 mins for me). The other questiion had a sopecification and from that we need to write claims, abstract and title. (took 1 hr for me). With the remaining 50 mins I had to write 4 questions of the first part.

Viva was rather dissapointing. There were jumping between sections from 3d to 25(1) to 57.. Was bit confusing. Keeping my fingers crossed for this.. Guys need your good wishes for the final results.

Rohit Sharma (Advocate)     30 January 2010

Whether the patents on a new drugs gives a pharm company an artificial monopoly over a market?

gayatri (research associate )     21 February 2010

hi friends ,

its regarding patent agent exam 2010 , i thing it was injustice Exam was not as per notice which was  issued on patent agent web site, As per Notice

1 st paper has to be descripttive and second paper has to be interpretative , but both the papers were interpretative,

in the notice it was clearly mentioned that you have to draft claim from specification and specifications form claims but it wasn’t like that

As per notice objective questions has to carry one mark each but most of them were for 2 marks

There was one more question in paper II which was for 7 marks i don’t know whether it was typing mistake or it was actually carrying 7 marks

I personally think 3 hrs are not at all sufficient for drafting of two patents????? What u say guys

Many more issues which need to be reach to Patent Agent examination Bord Members  

i must appreciate quality of paper was  improved to a grater extent  

But at the same time felt bad for not keeping transparency in notice …………….

Waiting for u r valuable comments on entire write up

Sohil (Student)     28 February 2010

Hi,

Anyone who gave the exam this time can u pls tell me wer did u ll study for paper 2. and also approx wen ll d next exam be held. Thanking in anticipation

Prasad Patwardhan (Techno-Legal professional)     27 April 2010

any idea when the results of Jan2010 will be declared ?

Genius Gene (Sr. Manager-IP)     27 April 2010

I spoke to an Asstt. Controller at Chennai Patent Office and he said it would be out anytime in the last week of May or early June.. Hoping for the best!

Bhavani (Patent Engineer)     27 April 2010

Thanks for your information.

Genius Gene (Sr. Manager-IP)     12 May 2010

Patent Agent Exam 2010 Results declared!!

The list of successful candidates uploaded at www.patentoffice.nic.in

I am happy to have cleared it on the very first sitting!!

Simran1234 (IP associate)     02 July 2010

Hi,

I am mechanical engineer and I have cleared patent agent exam held in jan 2010.

Is there any scope for patent agent with mechanical engineering background????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register