Upgrad LLM

rti - requesting personal information without full address


I want to get the details, at least case numbers, of all police cases, if any, registered against a person in a particular police station, and if possible in all police stations in the district also. The problem is that I know the full name of that person but don't know his address. He lives in different places in the same district with friends, in lodges, rented houses etc. So, he might be giving different address in different police stations/cases.

In this context, is it possible to file RTI application requesting the information, at least case number, about all cases, if any, registered against that person specifying his full name only? I want to get the information at district level ie. from all police stations in the district, if not possible, at lease from a particular police station. Please advice.

Dy Director

you can seek information with available details.  at the most you may get information more than you require.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x