LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed Sadiq Hussain   07 July 2018

Departmental inquiry

I was a Group 'C' employee of Karnataka Government and was subjected to Displinary Proceedings on vague charges. Alibis were created in respect of Prosecution Witnesses for deposing against me in the DE held by a retired officer. The statements deposed by such PWs, who were not at all present at the spot to which the charges were related, are attributable to Sec. 182 of the PIC. Despite, the Enquiry Officer, without assessing the statements of PWs has found me guilty of charges. Thereby, the punishment of Compulsory Retirement is imposed on me. My appeal against the order of punishment came to be rejected with a non-speaking order. Now, the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (called as DoPT in Central Government) has informed me in writing that the Government of Karnataka has not made any provisions for appointing retired officers as Enquiry Officers, since they use to appear as counsels of AGOs in the inquiries conducted by Lokayuktka and other DEs. This written information is furnished to me under the RTI Act. Therefore, I may be guided about the remedies available to me under law.

Learning

2 Replies

heemangi chauhan   07 July 2019

in stage department inquiry quashed

heemangi chauhan   07 July 2019

in which stage department inquiry can be quashed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register