Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     23 July 2020

delay in flat delivery

Originally posted by : Swatantra Gupta
delay in delivery by builder more then 7 years

Where is the property located and what is the reason/ excuse given by builder qua delay in delivery of possession?

Did you make any written communication regarding handing over possession of the flat ?

What are the terms and conditions in the agreement between you and builder on the subject ?

It you are located in Delhi / NCR and feel so, may contact me for proper opinion and advise at  e-mail: or cell # 9891152939

 6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 July 2020

sue him..why u waiting from so long.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 July 2020


You have to take legal action against the builder. Send legal notice and file complaint before consumer forum for possession and compensation.


rajuchowdappa   23 July 2020


you have issue a legal notice for the delay caused for long against the Builder. Thereafter, you can file a Complaint Before the RERA authority for the compensation and relief for the aforesaid issue. If you need any legal assistance, you can contact me by logging to my id.




Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 July 2020

How to file a complaint under RERA? Step 1 – To file a complaint with the Authority, the complainant needs to visit the State's official website. ... Step 2 – Click on the complaint registration link. ... Step 3 – While filing the complaint, homebuyers would be asked to submit their personal details including Name, Address, Contact details and Project details.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     24 July 2020

What were you doing for the last 7 years ?

Did you make any efforts/ communication with buider qua handing over the flat to you ?

Whether the builder is registered under the provisions of RERA ?

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     24 July 2020

Have you entered into an agreement for sale!? Hopefully, yes. Then if the builder has contravened any of the terms you can sue him for such contravention. First you need to send a legal notice through an Advocate for delivery of possession and registration of the deed of sale and upon inaction of the builder you can further file a complaint case before the consumer court. But, to be frank you have waited for too long and this delay in taking can be held against you too!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query