Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VENKS (S)     06 October 2011

Deferred payment in 125 crpc

Hi,

I had come across a Supreme Court judgment u/s 125 CrPC where it was held that the jobless husband can pay the maintenance in the future when he has sufficient means to pay.

I remember that this case is related to a Muslim Husband and wife.  But I do not remember the case number or the parties name.

Can anyone please help me by providing Citation?

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     06 October 2011

search at www.indiankanoon.org, you could find  it.

1 Like

satish (EXECUTIVE)     07 October 2011

Shailesh ji

tried searching @  www.indiankanoon.org, could not find the correct one. pleae help / give some guidance to serach the correct case.

Thanks and regards

Satish

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 October 2011

It is not Hon'ble Apex Court which said so, there are few of the State's HC which says so !

Some of them are placed here for persuasive pleadings..............

1. THE HIGH COURT AT CALCUTTA
Criminal Revisional Jurisdiction
Appellate Side

Amal Mukherjee

versus

Pranati Mukherjee & Anr.

C.R.R. NO. 399 of 2007

In the case of Md. Jahangir Khan Vs. Mst. Manoara Bibi, reported  in 1992 Cri L.J. 83, a Division Bench of our High Court held that the future salary not being a tangible corporeal property the same cannot be attached for recovery of the arrear maintenance.

2. As off topic "CrPC S. 125 is meant to serve as a tool to prevent destitution. Highly qualified Indian women have been harassing their husbands by filing these cases to sit on their butts and collect healthy tax free pay checks.

Justice Dhingra of Delhi HC  has turned his attention to putting an end to this malaise of laziness. This judgment embodies everything that can be done to end the abuse of CrPC S. 125."

Attched in PDF file format are views of Jstc Dhingra on purpose of S. 125 CrPC

Attached File : 85555 214692 23 justice dhingra hammers crpc 125 into shape.pdf downloaded: 259 times
2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register