LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam kr das   18 January 2019

deduction of 3dsys salary without notice.

My 3days pay has been deducted from my salary for the month of December without my notice on alledged willful absence. Though I was on medical leave and due intimation was sent through mail within 24hours. Resumed duty with medical Certificate. It is learnt that :- "No money can be recovered from any Govt. Employee without notice or without initiating Disciplinary Proceeding unless any advanced is taken by the employee in question". Is it right.? May l put the same before the authority in the same style.?


 3 Replies

Goutam kr das   18 January 2019

your reply is preconceived. I feel ashamed to recognise you as Advocate.

TGK REDDI   19 January 2019

Dear Gowtam kr das

Yes; you're right.    Without giving Notice to you and without considering your Explanation, your salary can't be cut.

Shri Prasanna's Reply, thought not to the point, is excellent. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 January 2019

There are fundamental principles.

1.Leave rejection should be communicated through notice.

2.Memo/show cause notice must be given and the opportunity of hearing must be given to the employee through his Association/Union.

3.If the employee's explanation is not satisfactory, orders of such recovery should be given by higher authority.

4.Opportunity of conducting inquiry, appeal must also be provided as per principles of natural justice.

Any such recovery on principle "No work- No pay" is not affective in such displinary proceedings.

Proceed through your Association/Union officials further.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register