The respected fellow experts
Following are brief facts:
1. In our factory a worker died due to electrification at the time of pressing electric switch in the course of employment.
2. Manager report this fact to police and observed that his(deceased worker) hand was wet while at the time of touching the switch which may be a cause of death. Manager also said this to the Investigating officer of the police.
3. The Police report does not refer this fact and order for post mortem.
4. PM report specifies the death was due to electrification only.
5. Under Factories Act,1948 in Form 18 owner have to inform to directorate of factories about fatal accident/death.
6. Now one column of the Form 18 asks : "Whether accident was due to negligence of workman?"
7. As I told earlier deceased workman's hand was wet at that time (which may cause short circuit) can we call it a negligence on part of workman?