LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagannathan (Manager)     26 March 2013

Death benefits

My office lady clerk's husband is an employee of TNEB and working as foreman.Recently he got admiited due to liver failure, consequent on heavy drinking, and the doctors say his chance of recovery is bleak.His wife even does not know whether her husband gave her name as nominee for any service benefits.She is having two children.If any one can list  out the benefits in the absence of her husband, receivable from TNEB.What she has to do ,if husband did not mention her as nominee.Her husband has put up more than 20 years of service in TNEB.She was told that TNEB will not bear any in patient treatment expenses presently given to her husband.The present medical expenses alone came to 2 lacs.Kindly enlight the rights of the lady, which would be helpful to give good support to her children.The wife qualification is Plus two.

Thanking you

Jagannathan

Learning

2 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     27 March 2013

if is major 

her husband has to give a letter nominating her wife as nominee for all the benefits if untoward incident happens

she can apply for job also in case ...... and as per educational qualification they will allot her the job 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2013

I disgree.

As she is already employed the deptt will not consider her for compassionate job.

Further the compassionate job is given based on availability and not based on the education of the applicant.

Further even if husband has not given her as nominee still she can be considred eligibel for (i) Pension (ii) Gratuity but unpaid govt dues will be adjusted against gratuity which generally are very high in case of drunkards (iii) Leave salary if any, generally drunkard have a habit of keepiong zero leave balance. (iii) PF, generally Pf balance of drunkards is very less.  (iv) salalry if any, if not on LWP, till death.

Medical reimbursement can be compelled upopn the deptt only if the claim fits in the medical rules of the deptt.  This question should not be attempted without seeing such rules.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More