Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi kishore   04 January 2021

Dear Sir,

father can sell his self acquired property (residential land) with out his sons signatures. With out signatures of his sons can we go for registration of that land. can I buy , valid to mortgage in any bank for loan.
please guide me.



 6 Replies

Adv.Balachander Reddy ( Advocate IPR Attorney Human Rights Defender and RTI Activist)     04 January 2021

Its risky to execute any document in alienation of said immovable property without signature of his sons/ legal heirs. As a prospective purchaser the Caveat emptor (Let the buyer be aware) rule is applicable.

Thank you

Balachander Reddy



kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 January 2021

As it is self-acquired by the father, hence his son's signatures are not necessary.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 January 2021

Since the property is the self-acquired property and the title deed and link document so prove, you can enter into a sale agreement and purchase the land. Key is examining the Title Deed of the property and link documents for the last 13 years along with the latest tax paid receipt.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 January 2021

The facts posted are disjointed. Please post simple facts.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 January 2021

𝘼𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 that the property is 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 self acquired. In which case song signatures are not necessary. 

Ravi kishore   07 January 2021

thank you very much sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query