LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gagan (na)     01 October 2013

Daughter\'s rights in the property of my grandfather

Dear Sir, We are living in a family house which is in 200 sq yd in North Delhi.It is an 80 years old house where my father & his two elder brothers are living with their son\'s & daughters. Now, the problem is the said property is in the name of my grand father\'s grand father who has 1st purchased it and re-build in 1935. He had only son, who is my great grand father & my great grand father also had only one son, who is my grand father so the said property is inherited in the hands of my grand father and now no body is alive neither their wives. Only the three son & 2 daughters are alive of my grand father. Property taxes are being paid by all the three brother\'s equally and their names are also on the property tax receipt. Now, the problem is that my father\'s two sister\'s are asking for the equally share in that property. Please let me know whether they are eligible for the equally share in the said property or not. My grand father dies in 90\'s and grand mother in March 2004 before the enforcement of Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act 2005. Please get me out of this problematic situation as all the three brothers are not willing to give shares to their sister\'s in that property. Also please let me know whether it is a coparcener property or the inherited property. Below is the example for better understanding. A - purchased it in 1935 B - only son of A C - only son of B D,E,F - three sons of "C" and G,H - two daughter of "C" total five children's of "C" Request you to please help me out

Learning

1 Replies

jagadesh (engineer)     12 October 2013

when is the partiton made between the brothers? Are they got release from their sisters?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register